The risk of buying online!

mark brailsford 2

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
As anyone ever had cause to complain about gear bought on line?
Have you ever ordered an item and been sent the wrong model/item?
Ever had damaged good delivered and had probs with the supplier not being helpful?
Finally have you had the wrong item/model delivered and kept it because of the hassle and expence of sending it back to the supplier?

I have recently taken delivery of a Korum day sack from a well known dealer and to my suprise it is not the new model as stated on their website!
The straps on the top of the bag are too small that I can't fit my rolla mat into them and there are no chest straps as stated. The thing is that the bag looks exactly the same as stated as the new model on the website, apart from the problems stated above!
The bag is ok as such and will serve a purpose but I am a bit annoyed all the same and I really can't be doing with tha hassle of returning it!

guest61

Reaction score
As anyone ever had cause to complain about gear bought on line?
Have you ever ordered an item and been sent the wrong model/item?
Yes I have.. A Loop fly rod - they sent the wrong one but replaced it without quibble, hassle or any cost to me.
I really can't be doing with tha hassle of returning it!
Why? If its not what you want.

mark brailsford 2

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I thought the new one looked good too Mark, but the one you get to order is certainly different, and not what I wanted.I spotted that.

Send it back.

I rang Sportsmail up an he said that they are definitely the new model but he had none in stock to check against. He told me to contact Korum but I know they are not forth coming at retuning emails! The guy at Sportsmail said it sounds like a design fault and I could send it back if I am not happy. I have never had a problem with Korum gear before and it is good stuff...usually! :(

cg74

Reaction score
1, As anyone ever had cause to complain about gear bought on line?
2, Have you ever ordered an item and been sent the wrong model/item?
3, Ever had damaged good delivered and had probs with the supplier not being helpful?
4, Finally have you had the wrong item/model delivered and kept it because of the hassle and expence of sending it back to the supplier?

5, I have recently taken delivery of a Korum day sack from a well known dealer and to my suprise it is not the new model as stated on their website!
The straps on the top of the bag are too small that I can't fit my rolla mat into them and there are no chest straps as stated. The thing is that the bag looks exactly the same as stated as the new model on the website, apart from the problems stated above!
The bag is ok as such and will serve a purpose but I am a bit annoyed all the same and I really can't be doing with tha hassle of returning it!

1, Yes, and it took no time at all, probably less time than it took you write your post.

2, Yes, I've always returned the incorrect item and had it replaced with a correct one. All done without me incurring any additional costs; as it should be!

3, Not really unhelpful, more not overly helpful but no one likes being in the wrong.

4, NEVER! IMO anyone doing that shouldn't complain about poor service, as their apathy only makes matter worse.

5, Has been answered in my responses above.

Ray Roberts

Reaction score
4, NEVER! IMO anyone doing that shouldn't complain about poor service, as their apathy only makes matter worse.

That's a good point, I'm not a serial complainer but I wouldn't accept the wrong gear, Mark, if they won't change it then ask for a refund and buy elsewhere . The amount you spend on gear they will probably go skint.

cg74

Reaction score
I rang ********* up an he said that they are definitely the new model but he had none in stock to check against. He told me to contact Korum but I know they are not forth coming at retuning emails! The guy at Sportsmail said it sounds like a design fault and I could send it back if I am not happy. I have never had a problem with Korum gear before and it is good stuff...usually! :(

Firstly you are WRONG to name the company while the issue is being dealt with. Korum won't answer your emails, I am surprised at that, as though I've never really rated their kit, their customer service is widely praised.

If you know it is the wrong item take some pics that clearly show the differences between the new and old models send them to seller and he is obliged to rectify his error at no cost too you; either a full refund or supply you with the item as described.

Doing nothing, then IMO you should say nothing!!

tiinker

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
This sort of thing happens far to often even to tackle shops how many times have you got your tackle dealer to order something for you and the wrong item is sent in. This has happened to myself twice since christmas first time with a light weight chub suit and the other day with a nash rig box case .

mark brailsford 2

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
That's a good point, I'm not a serial complainer but I wouldn't accept the wrong gear, Mark, if they won't change it then ask for a refund and buy elsewhere . The amount you spend on gear they will probably go skint.

Ray I don't spend that much on my gear ;)
I never make a song and dance when contacting companies as I was a store manager for 17 years and I know how it feels to be on the receiving end of an irate customer!
As a note, it's surprising how many folk don't understand the consumer rights and how many more actually think that trading standards will help with anything: omg:

tigger

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I rang Sportsmail up an he said that they are definitely the new model but he had none in stock to check against. He told me to contact Korum but I know they are not forth coming at retuning emails! The guy at Sportsmail said it sounds like a design fault and I could send it back if I am not happy. I have never had a problem with Korum gear before and it is good stuff...usually! :(

Mark, just send it back to the seller, it's not your job to start messin about contacting korum.

Fred Bonney

Banned
Banned
Reaction score

Not a design fault, two different products.
This one ?

http://www.korum.co.uk/Item_KITM-40

Last edited:

goonch

Reaction score
If it's not as described on their website (lack of chest straps etc) then your issue is with the supplier - not with Korum. It is the supplier's responsibility to ensure their product descriptions are accurate and if they are at fault then it is their responsibility to refund or replace as necessary.

I'd send it back.

mark brailsford 2

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
If it's not as described on their website (lack of chest straps etc) then your issue is with the supplier - not with Korum. It is the supplier's responsibility to ensure their product descriptions are accurate and if they are at fault then it is their responsibility to refund or replace as necessary.

I'd send it back.

Cheers lads, but I know the law concerning consumer goods as I was a store manager for years ( fine fare and somerfield (gateway)) but I can't blame Harris as the bag came factory sealed an they would not have noticed the chest staps were missing. To be honest it's the fact that the straps on top of the bag aren't big enough to take my roll Mat that got me thinking are all the rucksacks going to have the same fault? I can live without the chest straps as I won't be walking that far! :)

Last edited:

sam vimes

Reaction score
To be honest it's the fact that the straps on top of the bag aren't big enough to take my roll Mat that got me thinking are all the rucksacks going to have the same fault? I can live without the chest straps as I won't be walking that far! :)

I'd suspect that they just happen to be just the right size to take a specific Korum unhooking mat (as pictured on the website). Just another way of getting you to buy more of their gear.

Fred Bonney

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Cheers lads, but I know the law concerning consumer goods as I was a store manager for years ( fine fare and somerfield (gateway)) but I can't blame Harris as the bag came factory sealed an they would not have noticed the chest staps were missing. To be honest it's the fact that the straps on top of the bag aren't big enough to take my roll Mat that got me thinking are all the rucksacks going to have the same fault? I can live without the chest straps as I won't be walking that far! :)

You may have helped pay towards my pension Mark I worked for the company before it was Somerfield(International Stores)