thorpe lea

ron withey

Reaction score
any one been to thorpe lea this week end and how busy was and how did you get on ???

Steve Berry

Reaction score
Fished for 3 days and2 nights in the first week of June had around 100 carp, all high doubles or low twentys. It was in the week it was busy, but there was room.

Rob29

Reaction score
awesome fishing Steve, i'm looking to doa session (2days) during the week, interested to know how busy it gets, i work 5mins from the lake and during the morning it doesnt look too busy, do most anglers arrive mid morning etc.

Ian Gemson

Reaction score
Rob it varies some mornings there are 5-7 cars parked up waiting for the gates to open and sometimes there is no one waiting. Today as I pulled out at 7.00pm the main car park was full with cars and anglers were struggling to get swims. The place is fishing so well at the moment. Lots of twentys coming out as well.

Steve Berry

Reaction score
Like Rob says, it varies. Sunday evening is a good time to start, most people go home after a busy weekend. I found the key to catch fish is to spod all day. Parti-mix is good and use and any old boilie. After a bit the fish will come into your swim and like me your only use one rod, wont have time to cast other one out. Parti-mix does cost,I used about 20kg. But I went to 'The Range' (shop) or try a pet shop and buy a bag of multi bird seed. 25kg for under a 10 quid. Boil the seed in a pan as soon as the water hits boiling point put it in a air tight tub. Fill up a 10 litre tub, then add a bottle of flavour, doesn't really matter which one. A few hours later it will be ready to use( best to leave it over night).

If you need anymore help just ask. Let me know how you get on.

Good luck. And slack lines.