Fishing Chair

mailtrebor

Reaction score
Hi All,
Looking for a bit of advice on a buying a chair. I am after one that is high, rather than a low down one. Any offers on what i should be looking for please?

tiinker

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Hi All,
Looking for a bit of advice on a buying a chair. I am after one that is high, rather than a low down one. Any offers on what i should be looking for please?

Korum Deluxe I have had one for 7 years. If by chance you want to make them even higher you can buy a set of telescopic legs and use it at Wimbledon.

garethdwatkins

Reaction score
Hi there
I got one of the revamped "Fox Adjusta Chairs" last year in a sale... Very good chair. Not high, but better than some.

What I hate on most of the adjustable leg chair is the various mechanisms. You need to adjust each leg and some are hard to work or stop working after a year or so's use.

It's fairly light, well padded and comfy to sit on. And not overly priced.

cheers
Gareth

Ray Roberts

Reaction score
Bear in mind that if you want a higher chair because you are tall, then you might not fit under your shelter or brolly. I found this out for myself: Daddy longlegs chair + Korum shelter= cricked neck.

sam vimes

Reaction score
A dodgy back saw me looking at higher chairs with higher backs and long legs.
I can get away with more compact chairs for shorter durations but long stay fishing trips left me doubled up. I ended up with the Nash Hi-back. Not much cop on a roving session but fine for everything else. It's not even that heavy when compared to some other similar sized chairs.

However, the point about bivvies, brollies and shelters is a valid one, especially brollies. Fortunately, I'm not overly tall and my brolly is the Fox Supa, that has bags of headroom.

guest61

Reaction score
I have a couple of chairs - Korum Accessory Chair and a Nash chair that I've had for a few years.

The Korum chair is a little bulky - comfy mind, but bulky. The Nash chair is great, smaller than the Korum chair, a little heavy - but fine otherwise.

I'm quite interested in a little folding chair the sort of thing that John Wilson used to use in the original 'Go fishing' programmes carried in a net bag - ones that I've seen like this have been awful build quality though :(