New Kid

Reaction score
I know this is the wrong section but i thought it would be looked at by more people.

Has anyone else on AOLhad an e-mail regarding billing information is out of order and asking you to update your personal billing records. There was spelling mistakes etc and a link to click on asking for card details .It didn't seem right so i got in touch with aol and told them about it .They said that AOL would never ask you to click on a link.I have informed aol security and they are looking into it.Just be careful before giving details.

Bryan Baron 2

Reaction score
Theres a few doing the rounds in a simialar vain for NatWest and Royal Bank of Scotland online customers.

Just remember if anybody ask for login details ignore the email as its always a scam.

Be safe

F

Fred Bonney

Same with ebay, don't answer emails asking you to sign in, and ignore the threats about cutting you account off.

The Monk

Reaction score
Oh shit, I`ve been found out/forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif

Reaction score
Well, apparently i've got accounts with abbey, HSBC, royal bank of scotland and Natwest

- I don't have any at all with any of them .

Ebay, Paypal i get all of them i have been offered jobs everywhere and have been asked to forward money through my account for a commision of ?50,000

Ryan

Bryan Baron 2

Reaction score
Same here Ryan. more bank accounts that a billionaire and the job offers i have had i could have retired years ago. If only i had took them up on there offers.

J

John H Member of THE C.S.G.. & The A.T.

I didn't realise I had so many accounts; bank, building societies, e-bay etc.

One scam that does come from a genuine source is 'slamming' byTISCALI

A few months ago I received an e-mail from Tiscali (my then ISP) welcoming me as a new customer (telephone land line) A couple of days later I received a letter from BT saying they were sorry to be losing my custom and that my account would be transferred on 10th December.

According to OfCom Tiscali is very good (bad) at this practice.

The authorities try to pass it off as an inconvenience but it is really fraud and should be treated as suck.

The Monk

Reaction score
treated as suck.??

have you got a women there John as your posting?/forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif

J

John H Member of THE C.S.G.. & The A.T.

No woman Monk, just put it down to 'age related' ploblems
040105_emKF13_prv.gif

Life can be suc(k) a...
080107NA17_prv.gif