Canal carp brace...

Andyw

Reaction score
Spent Friday to Sunday on the MK GU Canal...

Had a beautiful 22lb Mirror and a 21lb Common, both fantastic fish is great condition.

Mirror was at about 11pm on Friday night on meat, common came amazingly at 4pm Saturday afternoon on a single 15mm Nash Shellfish Sense Appeal boilie with a 5 boilie stringer... !5lb Senser Clear mainline, 25lb SupaNova hooklength, size 6 kamasan hook...

What a rush.... Both shot off down the canal, gave a fab scrap!!

Also had lotsa skimmers, roach and 2 cracking perch in the 1-2lb bracket... An awesome weekend, well till got kicked off Sunday morning cos there was a match on... Probably the worlds rudest bailiff... Tosser....

Anyway, a happy bunny here!!

N

Nigel Connor(ACA ,SAA)

Great fishing Andy.It reminds me that the GU is about 5 minutes away from my front door!

Kevin Perkins

Reaction score
Really well done mate, a brace of 20's from the canal takessome doing.

Hope you got some pics and don'tforget to report it to the papers, could besome prizes to be had!

Andyw

Reaction score
Pics are crap.. have uploaded them.. bit blurry... i'm totally gutted with em!! /forum/smilies/crying_smiley.gif

Gav Barbus

Reaction score
Great catch Andy,a common as well lovely jubbly.We had some lovely carpy stretches wiped out by khv near me so enjoy it and make the most of the good unpressured fishing available to you.Big fan of canals myself .

Gav Barbus

Reaction score
Andy I have taken a lot worse myself ,believe me.At least you have got a picture.Common looks a real big boy.Spot on.

Kevin Perkins

Reaction score
Andy

There are enough camera buffs on here who could probably 'sharpen up' that picture for you ...........Jeff, Mark?

Reaction score
I am no camera buff, but work as a web/graphic designer as well as a in a tackle shop, send them to me at ryanchu at hotmail .co.uk

and i will see what i can do in the realms of photoshop CS3 no guarantee though

Ryan

Good fishing though

CRITTER

Reaction score
nice one mate.

i have had some nice fish from the new junction canal not far from my house.

not as big as yours but some nice fish .i have also been feeding a couple of spots there that i have seen carp rolling a couple of times fingers crossed.

i have been canal carping for a couple of seasons now and am finally getting to grips with it. its down to location but once you acomplish this your half way there.how long have you been targeting canal carp?

Andyw

Reaction score
My carp rod goes out as a sleeper. I went up with the intention of catching some bream, with fingers crossed for a tench... They are my first canal carp. I'm proper happy!!

In all honesty I really enjoy being able to fish for carp whilst using my other waggler rod, which I enjoy more than anything.... When i hit the sack I stick out the other carp rod, once I'm bored (or y eyes hurt) from staring at a tiny nightlight!!!

Its great having a fabulous fishing venue within 2 minutes of my house, I find myself thinking that I would rather go there than some of the local lakes!!

I fish the same swim unless occupied, although I must thank the old boy I have talked to lots over the past 3 years, he walks his long haired sausage dog along the tow path and always stops to chat, I make sure I pick his brains... No substitute for experience, he told me where to position my baits, he also told me not to position them in a certain spot, which I duly ignored and got totally snagged up and ended up pulling for a break!! Lesson learned there!! Always trust the old geezer and his dog!!!

CRITTER

Reaction score
even better a jammy git...hahah

all i can say is keep it up.like you i prefer the canals to some of the lakes ,not only that with more anglers treating canals like comercial fisheries i.e feeding pellets and pellet based groundbaits and fish meals its not going to take long till the canals become super big fish venues its already happening in places the future is looking very good for canal sport.

Andyw

Reaction score
I think it covers alot of areas of the sport.. Match, pleasure. specimen, predator. Who needs to go anywhere else?

Our stretch has big carp, the MK record which I believe is about 37lb came from the "cut". Also 30+ pike and cats.

The bream are quality, I love catching them on the float. Plenty of decent tench. The silvers are everywhere in huge numbers... Take maggot an you cannot fail to catch!!!

I'm a huge fan!!