Best buys - cheap and efficient sun screening lotions

davestocker

Reaction score
Those of us who spend long periods out of doors inevitably put ourselves at an increased risk of potentially lethal skin cancer (malignant melanoma). I for one apply a sun block cream to my face and hands as often as possible. But not all sun blocks are the same, and a recent report by Which, the Consumers Association magazine revealed that some of these lotions are not very good at all. Many sun blocks are ridiculously pricey, too.If you use these lotions the most effective and best value were judged by Which to beSainsbury’s Sun Protect lotion £3Asda Sun System £3Wilkinsos Wilko Sun Protection System Moisturising sun lotion £2.69All of them are water resistant, too.

S

Sean Meeghan

Asda Sun System is 2 for a fiver - just bought some today!

Graham Whatmore

Reaction score
I saw a programme recently about the effectiveness of sun lotions and it appears that they are mostly efficient if used correctly and this means applying the correct amount which is far more than the average user ever applies. Because it is such a pricey item users tend to scrimp on the amount and on top of that they don't renew it often enough or completely cover all the exposed parts during the day. They priced the amount needed for a family of four on holiday abroad for 1 week and it was a colossal amount, well over £200 just for sun cream.

Just because it is factor 30 it doesn't mean you are protected, you are only protected if you apply it in the correct dosage and replenish it however many times is necessary during the day, I think it was something like a 5th of the contents with each application, especially if a dip in the sea is involved because that washes off all the effectiveness.