which Bivvy do I keep?

John Wood 2

Reaction score
i could do with a little help as I have to make a choice between my two bivvies. I need to free up some space and make some moneuy in the process.

I have a Trakker Ultralite Aquatexx (just the bivvy with no overwrap) and a Fox Evolution Plus, with groundsheet and wrap.

I hardly ever use a bivvy, and tend to fish short sessions only - ususlly a day, 2 at the most. I also like to have the minimum weight to carry.

I love the Trakker Ultralite but even though its "ultralite", it is quite heavy to carry. The fox Evo Plus isn't as plush as the trakker, but its lighter. The other thing about the fox is that the front can be raised or lowered to adapt to the conditions, and doesn't need storm poles which also reduces the weight.

My question is which do I keep - do I go for higher quality (trakker) or practicality (fox)!!??

John Wood 2

Reaction score
thanks Ray. I haven't actually used the Fox with the wrap. Do I need tro use storm poles with the wrap? If not, then that would bring the weight down even more.

Ray Daywalker Clarke

Reaction score
John,

Yes you do need storm poles with the wrap, and it gives you that extra room also.

Don't use a bivvy very often myself, use the fox all year round, without a doubt its one of the best bits of fishing gear i have bought.

Butif you want to sell it, let me know i'll buy it for one of my sons, stop them using mine.

Reaction score
If you keep the fox, i will defiantly buy the trakker off of you if you will PM me if you could

Thanks in advance

Ryan

Ray Daywalker Clarke

Reaction score
Come on John it's the million pound question, what's it to be,

Fox or Trakker?.

You have 3 life lines left.

R

Roto Fryer

its a no brainer the tracker will outlast and outpeform the fox by a long way

Ray Daywalker Clarke

Reaction score
roto,

Dont count on it, i have had my fox a good few years now and still as good as the day i bought it, its also a hell of a lot lighter. there is no doubt trakker do make quality bivvys.

sh13

Reaction score
Surely if you own the two bivvys you should know which one you prefer and which one suits your needs best?

Ray Daywalker Clarke

Reaction score
I bought the new free spirit Greenhouse Deluxe a few weeks ago.

My 3 sons all go fishing so a new shelter was needed, read all about this product and thought that sounds very good, so i got one.

i will have a report on this item by the weekend, but if anyone is thinking of buying one contact me first. wish i had bought another fox now, thats all i am saying for now.

R

Roto Fryer

as i said previously a trakker will out peform and outlast a fox.

that is a FACT not a guess but it's up to you.

I have an Aqua bivvy and a trakker brolly after checking al possibilities out Fox is clearly second division!

R

Roto Fryer

my aqua is about 7 years old and perfect my trakker brolly is used for 90% of my fishing and is spotless.

fox have a big problem with the easy dome as the joints seize up. i have about 10 friends who use/used these things. anything else from fox is a waste of money as you can get EXACTLY the same thing for half the price.

Ray Daywalker Clarke

Reaction score
We are not talking about bivvies Roto, the Fox is the evolution shelter.

you are right about the easy dome, but as you dont have the Fox shelter how can you compare the two.

I have stated that Trakker do make bloody good bivvies, but on this one the fox wins, as it is lighter, and has theoption of a wrap, both things that John requires.

The fox wrap is without doubt one of the best i have seen on any bivvy or shelter, but in general Roto fox are not up to much, i agree with you on that.

andrew smith 2

Reaction score
trakker wins hands down never let me down fox ive been rained on frozenbut trakker AAAAAAAAA1111111111/forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif

P

Paul (Brummie) Williams

I used to have an easy dome........it was a great bit of kit..........why we moved away from such shelters is beyond me......

Tell me........what mountain tent/shelter manufacturer uses the pram hood ???