Anyone 'ard enough to fish this weekend?

peter crabtree

AKA Simon, 1953 - 2022 (RIP)
Reaction score
I have bottled out of our club match Sunday, with the daytime temperature hovering around 1 degree and a strong east wind, not to mention the 100+ mile round trip. no thanks...
I have done enough of that in the past few months.
From the midlands northwards looks like a white out..

Anyone?

sam vimes

Reaction score
Nope, saving my pennies until conditions are better. Time is no issue at the moment, cash is. I'll be better served saving the cash, bait and fuel.

tonybull

Reaction score
Saving myself for a biggish match at the end of the month :D

sagalout

Reaction score
Based on todays forecast for Saturday it looks pretty good here on the sunny English Riviera, so i shall go to a small club lake that fished ok yesterday, 2 tench of about 5lb each, an 11lb carp, lost a good fish (tench or carp), and some small roach. Got there about 0700 fished til 1630 had all the fish between 1200 and 1500.

The tench and carp were taken on the bottom (about 15ft deep fished an 8mm coarse pellet and a small pva bag of 4mm coarse pellets), even though I could see carp and tench up in the water and mouthing the surface debris, I couldn't get a touch on the pellet waggler (fished without loose feed).

Roach were taken on the bottom with maggot on the 6m line, about 8ft deep.

B

binka

Just gonna play it by ear this weekend, weather looks miserable but then it was bitterly cold out there this afternoon when I managed a jack and lost two nice perch along with a couple of missed taps and rattles.

Don't mind fishing in the snow if I can keep on the move and warm, it's just getting there and back :eek:

nicepix

Reaction score
Forecast for 16 degrees and a light southerly breeze. I'll go and try for a few bream and maybe put a carp rod out too.

andreagrispi

Reaction score
I may just give the last 2-3 hours before darkness a go on Sunday, to see if I can catch a big perch.

tilly05

Reaction score
I loaded my gear this morning. Defrosted my maggots, abd prawns... Cnt refreeze so they are getting used!! Finish work at 2, 30second walk onto canal and hopefully a stripey or 2 to reward my stupidity of fishing in the snow!!
I have packed my umbrella so i'l be the one huddled under a big umbrella if anyones walking the sheffield canal,,!

nicky

Reaction score
fished today didnt even see a fish let alone catch and that was the coldest i been all winter

nicepix

Reaction score
I've been this afternoon and it was hell! At one point I had to take my jumper off :w :D

After I'd been there a while I heard thunder and saw a huge black cloud heading my way. Fortunately it stayed on the other bank. The church tower a kilometer away got at least two hits. I'm not sure whether it was related to the storm but there was a huge fish jumping in the deep water near to the dam while the sky was dark. A decent pike cruised past at one point in about a foot of water. Probably looking for frogs as they were active in the shallows and are now singing away in the pond at the back of our house. And a male hen harrier passed by heading north.

Had a few bream on the swing tip. Nothing bigger than 3lb and nothing troubled the carp rod. :(