• Thread starter Warren 'Hatrick' (Wol) Gaunt
  • Start date
W

Warren 'Hatrick' (Wol) Gaunt

incorrect spooling

/forum/smilies/party_smiley.gif

Ray Daywalker Clarke

Reaction score
Had the same happen on two of my shimano 8000 spools. The shop put the line on when i got them.

Took them home, put the reels on the rods ready for a session. Couple of days later got the gear out to go fishing and the spools had gone just the same.

Rang the shop who changed them there and then, imagine them going on you when you had a fish on, the mess.

P

Paul (Brummie) Williams

Kin ell Wol..........who could have done that? /forum/smilies/nerd_smiley.gif

Paul C

Reaction score
DB is currenly selling that spool on ebay.

The bid is upto £8.21 so far......

Get in quick.

Morespiders

Reaction score
Dont blame that arseholeMr Chilton , Gaunt, your just a hamfisted swine.

Steve if you ever meet Gaunt you will understand why mate, he's a brutish boy.

Steve Spiller

Reaction score
Yep, ally spools on order!

Never had that happen before and I've spooled up hundreds of times /forum/smilies/disappointed_smiley.gif

Thanks for the advice Mr Gaunt /forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif

F

Frothey

done it before on some mitchells - though that was more to do with constantly winding back "captain caveman" sized lumps of weed. mine blew whilst playing a fish - had to play it in "trout stylee"

A

Andy "the Dog" Nellist (SAA) (ACA)

Did it a long time ago to a Cardinal 54 spool while loading it with line under pressure.

G

Gary Knowles

I'm amazed that didn't happen when you shouted..."Just f**kin pull, pull, pull....I'm 'avin a fekin' mare mate".....

E

ED (The ORIGINAL and REAL one)

Warren 'Hatrick' (Wol) Gaunt (SAA) (ACA) wrote (see)<blockquote class=quote>

sue Chilton is what i say......</blockquote>

I've just been talking to Mr Chilton and he's asked me to pass on this message ......

"Tell him I will meet him in court with my barrister and Mr Nellist."

He also said

"Tell himthe followingwas from a section in my article "Lets Twist Again", and if he does not want to take good advice then its not my fault he is an incompetent."

Never wind new line on using excessive tension. Many reel spools today are made from graphite. Although this material is light and strong, excessive tension will crush the spool - especially when low diameter lines are used. If you wind ten wraps of line around your finger it may feel tight, twenty will feel uncomfortable and thirty unbearable. The thin graphite spool will take hundreds of wraps and every turn of the handle increases the crushing force.A Shimano 10,000XT baitrunner will hold over 500mts of 12lb Krystonite so you can imagine the extreme force being applied. The amount of pressure being applied when spooling should be similar to the resistance of the lead and rig being retrieved. So don't grip the line too tight when winding on line otherwise it could be expensive and cost you a new spool!

W

Warren 'Hatrick' (Wol) Gaunt

You just go back and tell DaveC i'm outta PVA /forum/smilies/hot_smiley.gif

W

Wolfman Woody

<blockquote class=quoteheader>Warren 'Hatrick' (Wol) Gaunt (SAA) (ACA) wrote (see)</blockquote><blockquote class=quote>You just go back and tell DaveC i'm outta PVA /forum/smilies/hot_smiley.gif</blockquote>

He'll probably tell you to stick it up your bottom.

"STICK" being the operative word once it's wet and serves you right!

/forum/smilies/big_smile_smiley.gif/forum/smilies/big_smile_smiley.gif/forum/smilies/big_smile_smiley.gif/forum/smilies/big_smile_smiley.gif/forum/smilies/big_smile_smiley.gif/forum/smilies/big_smile_smiley.gif/forum/smilies/big_smile_smiley.gif/forum/smilies/big_smile_smiley.gif/forum/smilies/big_smile_smiley.gif/forum/smilies/big_smile_smiley.gif/forum/smilies/big_smile_smiley.gif/forum/smilies/big_smile_smiley.gif/forum/smilies/big_smile_smiley.gif/forum/smilies/big_smile_smiley.gif/forum/smilies/big_smile_smiley.gif/forum/smilies/big_smile_smiley.gif/forum/smilies/big_smile_smiley.gif/forum/smilies/big_smile_smiley.gif