Trout Fishing Around the Hereford Area

A

Alistair Campbell

Im looking to give the rivers around leominster and hereford a go this weekend for the trout can anyone give me any advice and good areas it would be much appreciated?

Thanks in advance..

T

Terry Mann

Alistair,
I don,t think you will find very much day ticket fishing on a decent trout stream in that area,most of it is now taken by clubs and syndicates. I,m not sure where you live but I think you said the Worcester area on another thread, if so I can give you details of some clubs and syndicates with open places near to Worcester.
If it is just the occasional day that you want I think the Hereford club used to have some trout fishing on the Lugg near Hereford perhaps one of the local tackle shops might help. If you want some good river fishing but unfortunately abit further west than Leominster I would recommend the Severn Arms water on the Ithon (Wye tributary). Lots of wild fish ,good early on.

A

Alistair Campbell

Terry any details would be grateful. I live in worcester myself and I dont mind traveling to fish. Is the severn arms water day ticket or is it a club water?

T

Terry Mann

Alistair,
The Severn Arms Hotel at Penybont is still day ticket as far as I know ,it's on the A44 about 30 miles from Leominster. I would phone them first just to make sure (sorry don't have the number).
If you are interested in a trout fishing club with open membership,with fishing not far from worcester send me a message and I'll give you some details.