MB-D10

The Monk

Reaction score
Just picked it up, its a lot bigger than the D200 and D100 versions ands appear to be made of metal the same as the camera, the only porobnlem I see with it is the camera battery is still used in the same posiotion whjile the battery pack only carries one battery, that means that you have to screw the whol;e thing off each time you want to charge the batteries?

The Monk

Reaction score
having read the instructions a bit more it would appear that the battery pack battery is used up first

Colin Brett

Reaction score
You mean you read the instructions???/forum/smilies/nerd_smiley.gif

And I thought you were a real man?/forum/smilies/big_smile_smiley.gif

The Monk

Reaction score
yes fraid so mate, I feel a bit ashamed of myself now/forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif

GrahamM

Managing Editor
Reaction score
In the menu you can set the camera to use whichever battery you choose first.

The Monk

Reaction score
yes the default is set on the pack battery, shame both batteries are not in the base though

GrahamM

Managing Editor
Reaction score
I suppose the logic is that if you remove the battery packthe camera ispowered up and immediately ready to take shots.

The Monk

Reaction score
much prefer not to have to remove the battery pack though Graham and those batteries can be expensive, but yes I know we only have to buy one once, I`m just using mine with the camera battery at the moment, so i need to buy a Nikon whereever that is, Jessops sell them for £53.39, how the F**k can these people justify that price?, my EN-EL3 wont fit the D300 (bast**rds)

Paul B

Reaction score
Monk, Try this place for compatiblebatteries by energiser TANTRONICSI got one for my Oly E510 and it works well. They're based in Stockport, quick if usingpost too.

The Monk

Reaction score
cheers Paul, stockports only a few junctions down the motorway, I`ll have A drive over

The Monk

Reaction score
Just had a chat with them Paul, these are not the Nikon ones but probably just as good and at £14 with a two year gaurantee you can`t got wrong, the company also sell loads oif other gear, worth checking them out,

Tantronics Limited - Units 7 & 8 - Pennine View - Shepley Lane - Marple - Stockport - SK6 7JW

Wobbly Face (As Per Ed)

Reaction score
Hi Monk.

I have a IONCELL - Plus EN-EL3 battery. Got it of Cakey but does fit the Nikon D80 as it takes a EN-EL3e. Pleae note the "e".

This one is too tight a fit for the D80. It's your's if you want it?

The Monk

Reaction score
nice one Ged yes I`ll have i mate, in fact I have a Manfrotto monopod here, its only a month or so old, , its the lighter one, I want an heavier one, hench this one is redundant, you can have it mate, email me your address and I`ll call round either tonight or tommorrow night, cheers mate, rocking/forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif