Was anyone 'ard enough then?

B

binka

I have a feeling that this will be a very short thread!

As a follow up to Simon's thread once again did anyone brave it or did you decide to sit this one out and indulge in other things?

I was daft enough to go out early on the Saturday morning and ended up dumping the car at the bottom of our road and that made for an easy decision, I can't remember the last weekend that I didn't get out before that so good job for the long Easter break coming up to make up for things although the forecast doesn't sound much better at this point.

So then... Anyone?

guest61

Reaction score
Hell Yeah - nymph fishing a local river, my first visit for four years, 3 Brown Trout and 3 Grayling - still trying to get warm :eek:

tiinker

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I have a feeling that this will be a very short thread!

As a follow up to Simon's thread once again did anyone brave it or did you decide to sit this one out and indulge in other things?

I was daft enough to go out early on the Saturday morning and ended up dumping the car at the bottom of our road and that made for an easy decision, I can't remember the last weekend that I didn't get out before that so good job for the long Easter break coming up to make up for things although the forecast doesn't sound much better at this point.

So then... Anyone?

But you did give it a go.

---------- Post added at 00:18 ---------- Previous post was at 00:16 ----------

Hell Yeah - nymph fishing a local river, my first visit for four years, 3 Brown Trout and 3 Grayling - still trying to get warm :eek:

Top man well done.

barbelboi

Reaction score
Not the weekend but a good days roach fishing Thursday with the easterly at my back - only three of us there.
Jerry

sagalout

Reaction score
I went saturday until about 1 o'clock when it started to get cold and I hadn't had a bite (real or line) for over an hour so I went home.

I had an 8lb carp and a 4lb tench.

rubio

Reaction score
Fri after work for a couple of hours roach fishing in local park pond. Fish weren't bothered at all by the bitter wind. The roach got unsettled by predators tho. Bonus was that as they went off feed a few perch came in. Good un's up to just shy of 2lb. Then they too shut up shop.
Cos of this I guess

Attachments

• pike edit.jpg
    pike edit.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 28

john_h

Reaction score
I had a reservoir trouting session at Sutton Bingham near Yeovil on Friday 22 March. Not great in the cold south east wind, but the fish didn't seem to mind - 5 nice rainbows to 3lb !

aebitim

Reaction score
Was tempted to go out as I have a new reel to try, but didnt. The river opens for trout next weekend so I will wait for that.

nicepix

Reaction score
Been down to the river this afternoon. A bit colder than yesterday and overcast. Rod only moved once and that was a line bite - from a coypu! :mad:

Chris Hammond ( RSPB ACA PAC}

Reaction score
I got up at 3.45am on Saturday morning and left the house in darkness but turned back about half way to my intended venue. It was snowing like billyo and it seemed a bit irresponsible to be making that 'unnecessary journey'.

Besides I fish for fun and I'm not sure I'd have enjoyed it that much. I don't mind snow on the ground but when it is falling hard and liable to soak me as well as chill me I'm not keen.

There's always another day. :)