Angling Times Offer Okuma SVPR 30

Reaction score
I took up the AT offer and ordered one of these for my son as a starter reel for float fishing.

Having recieved it I was plesently surprised. Much better than I expected.

HOWEVER!

The AT advert said, "FREE, all you pay is £7.99 P&P" - "....normal RRP £15.99..."

OK I thought, £7.99 is a bit much for P&P for a reel, it obviously includes some of the price for the reel, but still it seemed OK.

I just received the reel, delivered by Business Post. The label clearly stated:

"Postage Paid £1.63"

WHAT A GREAT BIG FAT LIE. AT, I WANT MY £6.36 BACK IF <u>ALL I PAY IS P&P!</u>

GREG, what's your view on this?

N

Nigel Connor(ACA ,SAA)

Packaging probably cost a quid, reel about the same = nice profit for AT dressed up as some reader give away.

C

Colin North, the one and only

I take it that the packaging was one of those re-inforced envelopes, costing around 50p each, at most. Buy them in bulk, they are probably cheaper. Cost of someones time putting it in the envelope, and labelling, 5 minutes say at £6 per hour is another 50p. You should ask for £5.36 back.

Trading Standards might be interested.

Reaction score
To clarify:

The AT off said reel FREE, £7.99 P&P (basically £7.99 for a reel)

However, the ACTAUL postage paid by the sender (North West Angling Centre Ltd) was printed on the package as £1.63.

The reel was in a cardboard Okuma box, which was inside a tped up Businees Post plastic bag (no padding).

Having said all that it looks a good reel for my lad to get going instead of him using mne for making birds nests!

honslow

Reaction score
My view is that we shouldn't dress it up for what it isn't!

£7.99 for a reel is a scoop! Why the Hell we have to splash free this that and the other all over the cover is beyond me! Not my department. I write news and I try to play it with a straight bat!

W

Wolfman Woody

Perhaps, Corky, the reel was packed and posted by EMAPs CEO and his wages will be taken into account when posting it to you.

There's also wear and tear on the bike taking it to the PO.

W

Wolfman Woody

Just remembered, I'm expecting something similar (not fishing) FREE from EMAP too.

We'll just wait and see.

N

Nigel Connor(ACA ,SAA)

Fair play Greg. Promoting it as £7.99 for a reel(RRP £15.99)including P+P leaves no room for misunderstanding.

Anyway being more positive,I have enjoyed the last 2 AT's althoughI am still not convinced abot the 3/4 pages of readers with fish.Vaguely interesting if its you or a mate but of no interest if not.A bit of a waste of space really.

Reaction score
Hi Greg.

I know it's not your department. Just giving you a little poke cos you're 'our man on the inside' so to speak/forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif

The AT offer on the NWAC website says £7.99 including P&P, whereas the AT offer in the paper states "...reel FREE (RRP£15.99) all you pay is £7.99 P&P".

This is clearly wrong and furthermore the NWAC does not give an RRP of £15.99.

It's wrong and it's misleading.

Who do I write to at AT to complain?

Lord Paul

Reaction score
Matt

beware the AT have a top legal team that can get the court to believe anything

a few years ago the AT ran a story that Bob Nudd was a gay troll and he took them to court and lost - he's now legallyforced to live under a bridge with a 6ft4 West indian taxi driver called Lester

Bryan Baron 2

Reaction score
Agree with you regards the pics of people with theer fish. Especially when some bear no resemblance to the weights in the caption.

B

Bill Cox

God you lot get more like a bunch of old women every day. Did you like the reel? YES!, did you get it cheap?YES! did it arrive in good time and undamaged YES!! so get real man nobody does anything for bugger all in business.

W

Wolfman Woody

Look here Bill, we are all entitled to a have a big whinge now and then, you'll understand this more as you get older. All Corky is doing is having a "Meldrew" whinge.

I have them and I'm only 62. Corky is more than entitled to them, he's 78 (dyes his hair so's you won't think it) and at the same time he's keeping those guys at AT on their toes.

Someone has to do it. Your turn will come.