Am I wasting bait....

jumpin jimbo

Reaction score
is there any point putting out pva bags on commercials that havea large number of good sized roach and bream when going after carp, wouldn't the contents be found and eaten quickly leaving just the hook bait which a bream or even roach could take aswell.

might you just aswell cast out the single hookbait and save what would have gone in the bag or stick ?

any thoughts or suggestions plz ?

Morespiders

Reaction score
you have got to put something in to attract the fish in the first place Mr Jump, just how much depends on the response you get,

Your obviously a tight bugger like me

neilcod

Reaction score
i would put a big bed ov bait the more bait the better thats what i think pin line to the bed ov lake to avoid line bites yes you might get roch bream movein in on your bait but small fish attract big ones t hats my view an it works mostly all the time you can never put 2 much bait in when fishing for carp aspecialy if theres a good head ov carp in the water put chilly powder and anniseed in stick mix if u dont all ready some fish oils hope this helps mate

jumpin jimbo

Reaction score
ok, thanks, but if the smaller stuff are taking the hookbait too often what else could i try ?by the way mr spider, do you slice all your pellets in half to double the amount too ? i even do the 3mm ones !

Steve Spiller

Reaction score
JJ Welcome to FM,

When I used to fish commercials (pleasure) I had massive success with pva bags!

4m/m pellets and 6 hookbaits in a bag (boilies or 14m/m halibuts) witha pop-up fished tight to it. Keep hitting the spot and the carp will home in on it and push the tiddlers out!

Good luck.

Steve.

jumpin jimbo

Reaction score
thanks neilcod, slime monster and morespiders, think i know where im at now and will def try the chilli powder

Morespiders

Reaction score
Jimbo your a man after my own heart, I only use one 3 mm pellet cut in half at a time,

we could fish together mate, little and often, 6 3mm pellets a day.

jumpin jimbo

Reaction score
your'e on spiders, i'll bring the T.bag, it'll have to be the tesco one out of the bin but there's still a good few brews left in it. i've got loads of them little milk things that i nicked off someone who just grabs a handfull from where ever they leave em out. water from the edge of the lake is alway the warmest, i dont take sugar coz have you seen the price of it these days !!

jumpin jimbo

Reaction score
Steve, thanks for the welcome and advice. could you get back on how often you would put a bag out if its a slow day ? or would you just wait for a take ?

Morespiders

Reaction score
Brill Jimbo, I went to America with a bloke like you, he took a plastic box, full of little pkts of salt ,pepper, sugar and milks he had taken from wherever he could, and whenever we go anywhere that little box goes with us.

A bag?, all in at once?, you fool boy, one a day is more than enough, two's wasteful.

Steve Spiller

Reaction score
It's a touchy feely thing JJ?

At least 5 within 5 mins of each cast, then give it 15 mins if nothing is happening.

If nothing happens then sit back and wait for movement. When you start getting signs go for it again every 5 mins, but keep hitting the "spot"!

Make sure you stick to the rules (must use "our" pellets) or the bailiff will nail you when you start baggin up!

Good luck.

/forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif

Morespiders

Reaction score
Make it count, if you dont get out, bring it back, dry it out , and start all over again, do -de-do and start all over again.

Reaction score
Steve has the right idea, if you are tight with money, go to your local Lidl supermarket (or Netto Aldi etc) and buy some cheap stuff in tine like ....

> Sweetcorn
> Chick Peas
> Lentils
> Maple Peas

MAKE SURE THEY ARE DRY BEFORE PUTTING IN A PVA BAG. They can be dried b removing the liquid and putting on a cloth, then put either ground-bait, bread crumb, or a form on flour on them in the PVA bag they go and job done.

And look out in the tackle shop for reduced boilies etc, every tackle shop gets rid of some shelf-life's from time to time

Ryan

neilcod

Reaction score
put fish oils in your stick mix eg tuna salmon ect thatell stop your pva dissovleing well it does for me you can put all sorts in try putin hemp send in just soak in castor sugur works a treat good

Morespiders

Reaction score
Take no notice of these wastefull fools Jimbo, they will never have any money throwing that lot in.

F

Frothey

put fish oils in your stick mix eg tuna salmon ect thatell stop your pva dissovleing

ami missing something....... lol!