clawford vineyard

keith clark

Reaction score
Hi All,well as thread title says anyone been? Good Lady wife has booked us a week mid July.What i need to know is best lake for a beginer (her) where i will still have chance of some decent sized fish ! Also what baits & tactic work best?

Cheers in advance Keith

slime monster

Reaction score
you will be stuck for choice wandas lake is very good ,my pal and i used to fish it but john the owner changes the goalposts all the time.we used to fish wandas for tench to9lb and bream chub and ide then he stopped tickets you will have a good time there more water than land [have an hour or two on the gold pond] at the top of the fishery all the fish are gold including stunning carp and big orfe.

if you can imagine a letter W that is the shape of wandas lake hot pegs are on or against the sunken island which is situated in the left arm of the W looking from the bottom about half way from the end to the point on the inside bank. oh and i forgot to mention the carp yes its full of them hope this is a .little help enjoy yourselves

keith clark

Reaction score
Cheers Slime Monster that at least saves time looking for the sunken island ! Anyone got more imformation to add ?

Richard Price 3

Reaction score
Spent a week at clawford last september and again in april. Excellent fishing and accommodation. The ponds I have fished are:
Wandas- Excellent all round coarse fishery. Nice tench to 6lb although they go to double figures, bream, roach and crucians. Don't think there are carp though. Float fished corn, pellets and paste good for me.
Gregories- The Golden lake. I found surface fished chum mixers and pellets worked for Koi, Golden carp, ordinary carp, orfe and even Golden Tench. Some stunning varieties of Koi and great fun.
Fletchers- Full of Ghost carp. Surface fished pellets and mixers good again.
Clawford- Stuffed with small to medium carp. Surface fished again. Big weights for all abilities.
If you fancy the big stuff Tanners and Majors Johns hold some real lumps but I believe they are quite hard so perhaps not for a beginner. I found a species hunt was fun as there are so many present and it gets you around the various ponds. I think all the ponds will give you and your wife excellent and varied sport. Check out www.clawford.co.uk for the latest news.

keith clark

Reaction score
Cheers for info Richard,so basically treat it like a big commercial fishery then !
Keith

slime monster

Reaction score
<blockquote class=quoteheader>keith clark wrote (see)</blockquote><blockquote class=quote>

Cheers for info Richard,so basically treat it like a big commercial fishery then !
Keith</blockquote>

that is more or less what it is keith allthough day ticket fishing is restricted

my mate fished the ticket lake last wed ...solid with carp oddly you can use keepnets on that lake but not on others inc mixed silver lake wandas ...which he informs me has been extended

keith clark

Reaction score
Hi All, well just back from my weeks hols.As every one said a great place with more water then you can fish in a week. Caught fish everyday & from 3 different lakes,(Wandas,Fletchers&Gregorys) .Will definatly be going back.

Keith

Peter Bishop

Reaction score
Keith I was there late June. To be honest struggled to get through the skimmers on Wanda's tench not playing at all. Most regulars reckon the really big tench have probably died by now.

Because the place is in a valley we found it very exposed when the wind and rain comes and that often dictates you choice of lake. I walked up to Clawford one day.Had the lake to myself taking carp off the top on biscuit. Saw one ladycatch the first threefish of her life, Carp of 3lbs, 9lbs and 18lbs. Gutted!

My only really complaint was dodgy electricity meter in the appartment we had. Went through £30 of power in a week and we hardly cookedand limited ouruse of the shower!