Marrakesh ? The Kingdom of the Wind

carl pepper

Reaction score
Now thats what i call a holiday with a difference! would love to have a go there. i'll have to see if i can save enough readies.

Reaction score
nice article Steveo,lovely looking commons mate/forum/smilies/hot_smiley.gifmakes fishing in France seam lame by comparison........especially if you have to share your bivvie with 8 legged man eaters like the one pictured abovemate, how the hell did you manage to sleep with them things scampering round????/forum/smilies/surprised_smiley.gif/forum/smilies/surprised_smiley.gif/forum/smilies/surprised_smiley.gif/forum/smilies/surprised_smiley.gif

M

MarkTheSpark

'I was starting to see purple elephants out the corner of my eyes'

Are you sure you hadn't been enjoying another famous Moroccan product?

Good feature, Steve. I had no idea there were any carp in the Atlas mountains.

F

Frothey

Cracking stuff Steve, something a bit different from the norm as well.

J

Jk

i have been out there, and was very ill and was sick for 2 or 3 days, the boats are to small, the bate was not ready, the fishing was shit as the water was down by about 50 foot, the food was well lets not go there!! when we got to the air port at marrakesh we was meet by someone from the lake and was taken to the lake by him, i would rather go swimming with /forum/smilies/confused_smiley.gif[/img]@#t]s@#t then get in a van with him agen apart from that it was ok loool

MJ

Reaction score
Good article Steve.. a world away from fishing on a northern canal! I'd love to go and catch some carp like that, although dont fancy the sleep depravation exercise! Good job.

steveo

Reaction score
Thanks Roto,glad you enjoyed it.

JK..Sorry to hear you had a bad trip over there.I can only assume that you went with one of the other companies who are trying to set up fishing there.As I said before these companies dont do what they claim.

Angling International wouldnt risk their reputation by being agents for anyone who wasnt up to scratch.The boats we had were 2.3meter ribs,which is plenty big enough for 1 to 2 people,yes we were met by a Moroccan Representative who met us at the airport and who drove us for 5 hours to the lake.It was a fantastic way to see and immerse youreself in their culture.I mean if you are gonna go to North Africa then thats part of the majic of the trip,being away from the safe secure western culture we live in.

As far as bait,we had 15 kilo of freshly cooked maize plus another 15 kilo soaking and approx 30 kilo of dry maize ready and waiting for us.The food was Moroccan and was very good,I used to be a chef so I wont take kindly to poor grub!!! if you are not prepared to eat this then either fill your bag with pot noodles or dont goto Morocco.

Cheers

P

pons

Sounds a Brilliant Trip,just my cup of tea /forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif

Will check it out ,and thanks for posting a cracking little read.

Pons

R

Roto Fryer

I have not been to Morocco since 1982 and I can tell you that the Moroccan cous cous and tagine are very fine dishes indeed all washed down with wonderful mint tea/forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif

was in Marrakech too and was witness to a smoking donkey in the main square with the usual snake charmers etc