Tackle box chaos...

chav professor

Reaction score
Tackle box chaos... or pristine OCD... how do you organize yours?

tacklebox146_zpsb08c65ed.jpg

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
I've been told that I am somewhat OCD when it comes to my tackle boxes.

Mind you, I can usually find things without even looking and in the dark too . . . . . .

maverick 7

Reaction score
Hi Chav....I am hopeless at organising my tackle.....I have about 3 different areas of storage in my barbel carryall......I know where it all is now but I have to keep it the same, otherwise I wouldn't be able to find it.

....I would describe it at the moment as....organised chaos.

Maverick

mark brailsford 2

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I am definitely OCD :)

I have Greys box and everything has a place, its like a Tardis but I have still managed to fill it! :eek:mg:

S-Kippy

Reaction score
Stuck on the chuffin M25 somewhere between Heathro
I am very,very much more organised than I used to be. I have been "modular" for a while now with different bags/boxes for different species etc. The bags are pretty organised...the boxes less so but I know where everything lives and each box has basics like shot,scissors,needles,stops,disgorger etc. It all falls apart when I get there though as I am an utter shambles bankside....stuff everywhere and thrown into the bag at home time but sorted out & put back in its proper place as soon as I get in.

chav professor

Reaction score
I am very,very much more organised than I used to be. I have been "modular" for a while now with different bags/boxes for different species etc. The bags are pretty organised...the boxes less so but I know where everything lives and each box has basics like shot,scissors,needles,stops,disgorger etc. It all falls apart when I get there though as I am an utter shambles bankside....stuff everywhere and thrown into the bag at home time but sorted out & put back in its proper place as soon as I get in.

I had you down as a man who arranged all your floats embellished with kingfisher feathers in one tray, parakeet feathers in another and so on :D

terry m

Reaction score
I am very organised indeed, a place for everything and everything in it's place, bags and tackles boxes. I simply cannot settle and enjoy my fishing if I have kit strewn all over the bank. But as per a previous post I know where everything is, day or night.

I very rarely, if ever loose (mislay and leave behind) tackle, being organised whilst fishing ensures that.

I have never really thought of it as OCD, but perhaps I am just a little!

mark brailsford 2

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
All my lures are contained in fox clip boxes and stacked up in my wardrobe, they look very impressive! :D

john step

Reaction score
I prefer to have everything in its place and ready to hand. Less rumaging and less missed bites.
However a fishing mate has one of those cheap cantilever tool type boxes for his tackle. The inside looks like a rubbish skip. The Bu**er of it is, is that he usually outfishes me. So I suppose its the angler that counts.

bennygesserit

Reaction score
mine used to look like this

bennygesserit-albums-my-first-album-picture3177-15800-54493.jpg

But now I have a multi pocket rucksack

C

chefster

OCD As well,everything in my Daiwa Tournament seatbox is exactly in its place,also my holdalls,and bait coolbags are organised:D:D

Merv Harrison

Reaction score
It all falls apart when I get there though as I am an utter shambles bankside....stuff everywhere and thrown into the bag at home time but sorted out & put back in its proper place as soon as I get in.

Immaculate when I set off, then as above, excepting everything's thrown into a washing up bowl, including reels.

mark brailsford 2

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
There is one benefit to having OCD though,

When you chatting up the ladies the next time your down town (single's only, you understand) you can tell them your a very tidy person and they will just fall in love with you..Women love that sort quality in a man! ;)

bennygesserit

Reaction score
QUOTE=bennygesserit;1222423]You probably do not have OCD though you may have OCPD take the free test here

Cammer's Test for OCPD : Obsessive-Compulsive Personality Disorder - Psych forums

Hell, I scored 65 - moderately OCD. Then I did the test again to double check the results and be certain................... :eek:[/QUOTE]

Ha Ha Moderately OCPD which is where you see traits such as being thorough as a positive its different to the much darker condition but there appear to be a lot of anglers with it.