How did you get on over Easter then?

B

binka

Ooops... nearly forgot! :)

Did anyone manage to sneak a session or two in over the long weekend and if you did how did you get on and have you thawed out yet?

I managed Saturday, a split day between Smeaton's at Newark and a local lake and managed the grand sum of a perch on the jigs, Sunday afternoon was exactly the same result although both days I managed to lose four fish!

Tried everything with the single hook arrangement, pushing further inside the body and further outside the body, larger hooks and smaller hooks, larger baits and smaller baits but still having the same recurring problem of pulling out of fish... reluctant to use a stinger as perch are also the quarry and don't want to damage 'em in any way so any suggestions gratefully received.

So then... How did it go for you?

split shot

Reaction score
Yes, did two nights. I was very glad when I'd had enough.
Roll on spring!

C

chefster

Hi Binka mate,i could only fish Friday,due to work! 1 carp,2 bream and a decent net of skimmers and roach after half an hour of ice breaking at Brickhill Fishery (Northants) All fish on pole and maggot,carp on worm though-going on a knock-up at Cannons Ashby tomorrow!!:D:D

Titus

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I saw a couple of blokes breaking the ice to fish a little pond on Sunday after lunch and thanked the stars I don't have to do that any more and can fish when the conditions are more suitable.

C

chefster

I saw a couple of blokes breaking the ice to fish a little pond on Sunday after lunch and thanked the stars I don't have to do that any more and can fish when the conditions are more suitable.

It certainly warms you up mate:)

Titus

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I should add I was walking to the pub for a post lunch pre dinner couple of pints in front of a lovely log fire. That's a better way of warming up.

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
. . . only modesty, and an aversion to the "kiss and tell" principle prevents me from making an honest reply . . . . . . . .

Suffice to say that posh totty in an Easter Bonnet is a huge attraction at the annual boat race

[insert huge great winkey thing > > > > HERE]

Terry D

Reaction score
I decided to skip our club's Easter Bunny match and a good decision it was too as everyone blanked. Did manage to catch up on a lot of recorded TV shows and saved a packet by not going out anywhere.

C

chefster

Canons Ashby match cancelled! So fished @Brickhill again. 1 GRASS CARP,2 GHOSTIES,2 COMMONS,4 MIRRORS All on micro pellet method feeder,8mm SONUBAITS S-Pellet on a quickstop,They were the only 9 bites i had!!!:D:D:D:D I Did actually take a pic on my phone but cant suss out how to upload it onto forum page!!:confused::confused: