What about a section

R

Ron Clay

As I've just turned 60 and our noble esteemed wallet...sorry Webmaster is not far behind, it might be an idea to start a section for the more senior amongst us.

Just think of it, we could discuss the old days of centrepins, silkworm gut, split cane and bullocks pith to our hearts content. Graham could tell us all what it was like to fish with the Trent Otter and I could be the typical "Wenwi" and recall the great days of African exploration.

Qualifications are simple, over 60 and getting a little bit senile - {;O{

S

Shrek

Ron,

Wouldn't some people get in on the senile front without reaching the young age of 60?

M

Mike Fidler

Ron, wasn't 'bullocks pith' the great chub bait in the dim and distant past? I recall reading about it in the old angling times books of the fifties. What exactly is it?

R

Robert Draper

I know how to prepare bullocks pith - you thimply chop it into peetheth (Cliff Parker).

R

Ron Clay

OK, Bullocks pith is the white centre of the backbone of a bullock - the marrow really. When boiled it becomes quite firm. I have used this stuff and it certainly catches African catfish.

Never caught a chub on it though but I'll bet it works a treat.

P

Phil Heaton

You lot seem to have mad cow's disease from handling all the spinal cords......bullocks