Korum Carbon Specimen 42? Landing Net

C

Chippy

Graham, excellent marketing strategy. I can't help noticing the positioning of the video on YouTube, next to the latex dress and just along from Tina Angel Megaboobs! It's a tough decision, new net or latex dress?

C

Cakey

go for the dress ...................getyour mateto land your fish

GrahamM

Managing Editor
Reaction score
Go for what's in the latex dress. Unless it's Cakey/forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif

C

Cakey

sorry ....I thought it was for Chippy himself/forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif

David Rogers 3

Reaction score
I know the review says the holes in the spreader are big enough to allow easy insertion & removal of the arms, but I've just had one of these nets delivered and having got the thing assembled without difficulty, I now can't get it apart!

Is there a knack to doing this? I'm a bit reluctant to apply too much pressure in case I break it before using it for the first time tomorrow...

C

Chippy

It's just confidence in bending the arm to ease the pressure on the ferrule, I had it demonstrated ina tackleshop but couldn't get the hang of it myself so went forfibreglass armed version.

Good luck!

Morespiders

Reaction score
Get it bent you fairy Rogers, I have had a Springbow from Dons of Edmondton for 35 years that works the same, and that has glass arms, not broke yet.

Once you get used to it you will love it.

Reaction score
Just bend it, and it should be fine, you had to bend it to get it in place so you can bend it going back out. You will get used to it shortly and and the more you use it the easier it will become. (The way i do those it to put one corner on the floor and bend it down at the block, then pull out the other one, increase bending pressure until you can pull it out.)

If it breaks go back to the shop and tell them the cord at the top is too short

(PS I didn't tell you this - it bypasses most controls hence the manufacturers just do a straight swap no quibbles as it could be the manufactures fault.)

Ryan

David Rogers 3

Reaction score
OK, thanks for all the replies - I'll have to do something about it as it's taking up half my garage wall at the moment...

/forum/smilies/sad_smiley.gif

Shine

Reaction score
Can anyone give me an update on this landingnet. Are they still good, are they still worth the money?

E

ED (The ORIGINAL and REAL one)

No ---- But he traded it in for the latex dress.

Day Breamer

Reaction score
This is the exact landing net that i use but in 36'' variety for Bream and Tench.

Absolutely no complaints with it at all, you dont need to apply very much pressure on the arms to get them to slot in/out of the spreader.

PS: obviously Graham was unable to bump that rat fish off and had to go thru the whole unhooking procedure... thosethings dont leave you alone when they find your ground bait and chopped lobs.

David Rogers 3

Reaction score
..Err, I did manage to get it apart, but it's back together again now and probably staying that way. I quite like the look of it hanging on the garage wall and it fitseasily into the back of my Punto (with the back seats down), which is all I'm really bothered about.

It can be a bit awkward to carryifmuch of a walk is involved, but you can always drape it over your head and shoulders, and ithelps keep theflies off. /forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif