A wind of change. Anyone out this...

peter crabtree

AKA Simon, 1953 - 2022 (RIP)
Reaction score
...weekend?
At last the icy blastard east wind is forecast to swing to the south this Sunday.
I haven't been fishing for a week now (yeah yeah radiator hugging) so am looking forward to our final club fixture on Sunday. We are at Oakfield fishery in rural Bucks.

Anyone else out this weekend?

C

chefster

An open on Toft CARP LAKE @Rugby on sat draw 12noon,fish1-6:)

B

binka

Yep i've heard similar things about the warmer air moving in albeit slowly but hopefully in time to make at least an overnight difference to the temperatures and finally see a frost free spell.

I'll definitely be out, most likely Sunday but again it will be a matter of convenience with the jig gear that's in the boot of the car as my other gear is too spread out between here and the new place to sort out and get ready, I am looking forward to eventually having a "normal" session but this will do for nicely now if it gets me out and on the banks.

sam vimes

Reaction score
I was toying with the idea of getting out in the sunshine in the next day or two. However, when I saw the reports of a rise in temperatures and change of wind direction for the weekend, I've opted to keep my powder dry for the moment.

S-Kippy

Reaction score
Stuck on the chuffin M25 somewhere between Heathro
I was toying with the idea of getting out in the sunshine in the next day or two. However, when I saw the reports of a rise in temperatures and change of wind direction for the weekend, I've opted to keep my powder dry for the moment.

What's this ? A lightweight Northerner ? :D

Hang on,I stand corrected...a lightweight YORKSHIREMAN !:w

maverick 7

Reaction score
I'll be out motoring in my new car...just got it tonight and there is so many toys to play with ...I will have to start getting to know my way around the dashboard.

...but yes....I will welcome the better weather...that's for sure.

Maverick

Last edited:

sam vimes

Reaction score
What's this ? A lightweight Northerner ? :D

Hang on,I stand corrected...a lightweight YORKSHIREMAN !:w

Nope, a skint jobless one that has all the time in the world to go fishing but not the resources to go every day. Still definitely not a Yorkie though.;):p

C

chefster

Nope, a skint jobless one that has all the time in the world to go fishing but not the resources to go every day. Still definitely not a Yorkie though.;):p

I need a 2nd Chef if you,re interested,but the commuting will be a barsteward:D:D:D

sam vimes

Reaction score
I need a 2nd Chef if you,re interested,but the commuting will be a barsteward:D:D:D

I've done it before, but not daily. Besides, I couldn't afford to live in a bus shelter round that way. I'm not sure my culinary skills would be up to it either, not unless it was as a "ping chef".;):D

GT56

Reaction score
Managed four hours last Saturday, suffering a mini blizzard at one point on one of the very few pegs that wasn’t covered in snow, fished a small area that was ice free for the inevitable blank. With tomorrows’ forecast sounding positively tropically in comparison I have the car loaded and looking forward to a hopefully good day.