Just one more cast

iannate

The fish made me do it!
Reaction score
How many last casts do you have in this weather?

We've all had one last cast and caught and then seem to forget how many last casts have resulted in nothing but even deeper frowns from the one you told "I'll only be a couple of hours"

C

chefster

How many last casts do you have in this weather?

We've all had one last cast and caught and then seem to forget how many last casts have resulted in nothing but even deeper frowns from the one you told "I'll only be a couple of hours"

It depends if i,m catching or not!:D

sam vimes

Reaction score
At this time of year I usually have a few less last casts than I would in warmer weather. However, if the fish are going for it, or there are clear indications they might, I may just string it out regardless.

terry m

Reaction score
As per previous posts it depends whether the fish are actually having it!

If not, in the current climate, last casts will not be stretched out at all!

seksee

Reaction score
I usually go for 'One Last Fish' rather than cast...

I make a deal with the voice in my head that if I get just one more, I will go home. I find it works well as I always finish on a positive note. When it happens, I always stick to my end of the deal! :D

It worked well today... nice roach too :thumbs:

Chris Hammond ( RSPB ACA PAC}

Reaction score
I tend to only make a 'last cast' if the fishing is cr@p.

If I'm catching fish I just pack up and go when I must or want to. If I'm not catching I tend to play the 'One last cast' card as a sort of ultimatum to the usually deaf fishing gods. :D

Lord Paul of Sheffield

Reaction score
I usually go for 'One Last Fish' rather than cast...

I make a deal with the voice in my head that if I get just one more, I will go home. I find it works well as I always finish on a positive note. When it happens, I always stick to my end of the deal! :D

It worked well today... nice roach too :thumbs:
I go down that road too

Ray Roberts

Reaction score
I stayed for one last cast on the last day of the river season, I fished into dark, didn't get a bite but had a Barn Owl fly past several times and hover about twenty feet away. that was worth the trip on its own. I also had a Kingfisher zipping about through the day, saw a stoat and stalked up to within a few yards of a Heron. A **** days fishing still beats a good day working.

Chris Hammond ( RSPB ACA PAC}

Reaction score
I stayed for one last cast on the last day of the river season, I fished into dark, didn't get a bite but had a Barn Owl fly past several times and hover about twenty feet away. that was worth the trip on its own. I also had a Kingfisher zipping about through the day, saw a stoat and stalked up to within a few yards of a Heron. A **** days fishing still beats a good day working.

Spot on Ray! :)

mick b

Reaction score
My best and worst 'last cast' was on the last day of the season a few years back which produced a 2lb 1oz Roach!
The next and VERY last cast resulted in an even bigger one (aren't they all) which I managed to knock off with the net frame :eek:mg:

THEN I went home.

terry m

Reaction score

It is experiences such as this that make fishing what it is.

So much more than just a hobby.

iannate

The fish made me do it!
Reaction score

Spot on.:):)