Ominous signs

• Thread starter Ron 'The Hat' Clay (ACA)
  • Start date
R

Ron 'The Hat' Clay (ACA)

I don't know how many of you have noticed but there are disturbing signs of a major world shortage of food.

Not only is Zimbabwe not producing anything, the USA has serious problems with wheat and other grains. The same can be said of China, much of Europe, India and Australia -particularly Australia, for many years now a major exporter of grain, but no more.There is not enough to grow round.

And yet on the shelves of tackle shops in the UK we see large amounts of pellets which are destined to feed fish that will not be used for food!

And where do these pellets come from? They come my dear friends, from marine sources such as krill, anchovy, sandeels, pilchards and many other sea creatures. Creatures that ordinarily such species as cod, haddock, hake et al eat!

What is screaming at me is "imbalance!"

What do you think?

The Sogster

Reaction score
One of the major reasons for the food shortages in developing nations is the use of land for the growth of biofuels. Many farmers in countries including the USA have stopped growing wheat as products such as palm oil and rape seed are now currently far more profitable due to the rise in 'green' fuels.

B

Bill Cox

Don't worry Ron the world fig harvest last year was a bumper one, you'll be ok mate.

Colin Brett

Reaction score
Silly old Ron has posted this in the wrong section. Further south Ron in the Bait Box area!!/forum/smilies/big_smile_smiley.gif

F

Fred Bonney

Then we can all read it/forum/smilies/big_smile_smiley.gif

captain carrott

Reaction score
but on the up side if loads of people starve it will get the carbon footprint down.

wooooooohoooooooooo

keora

Reaction score
Well I think Ron's right. Fish in our oceans are being processed and then fed to animals, or used by anglers to catch fish which are then mostly returned without being eaten.

R

Ron 'The Hat' Clay (ACA)

Yes mate, something doesn't seem right to me.

I put it into angling general because it affects our sport in more ways than one.

Lord Paul

Reaction score
BOO HOO

So some fat people will loose weight - toughtoo much obesity around anyway - and the anorexics will have a good excuse not too eat.

The hoodies wont have enough energy to cause trouble and the 3rd world countries who expect more hand outs every year will get a shock.

And the immegrant that take fish for the table will find they have a bit of home grown competition.

Reaction score
I am reliably informed that the world wheat shortage is due to Ron stock piling it all for his roach fishing.

The roach get fed, but we have to pay £1.86 for a sliced loaf. Bl**dy outrageous if you ask me.