Fishing season already started here

Colin Brett

Reaction score
I drove through the little village of Grantchester [Cambridge] today and spotted several fishing the river there.

Rightly or wrongly I did wonder why the EA don't allow for fishing to start at the weekend nearest to the 16th?

It seemed pointless reporting this to the EA with only a few hours of the close season left.

Your thoughts??

Colin

Reaction score
better to have a set day every year colin. that way you do not end up breaking the law. believe me... as an ex head bailiff, it makes life a lot easier. (for all concerned). no one wants to end up in court at the end of the day. as for contacting the EA.... thats what they are there for. maybe if we all worked together,our fisheries will improve no end... we live in hope /forum/smilies/big_smile_smiley.gif

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
Colin,

The dates are quite clear, so there is no excuse.

I'd have been on the phone reporting the incident.

There are no 'degrees' of right and wrong.

Bryan Baron 2

Reaction score
I arrived at the ribble at 8pm yesterday walked the bank to the peg i fancied. In it were 3 scroats with fire burning and empty beer cans all around. They had apparently lost there jack russel also.

I did'nt ring the EA as they would not have turned up. especially as there is a half mile slog through th undergrowth to get there. In reallity they have no doubt been fishing it for the whole of the close season.