How did everyone get on then?

B

binka

Did anyone get out over the weekend and manage to peg on the end of that southerly then?

It was definitely an improvement on previous weekends during the day but still the hard frosts in this part of the country overnight, i'm now longing for a change after yet another "convenient" jig session and longingly watching a distant roach angler enjoying a few fish on the waggler.

The fishing was rock hard with the predators which surprised me a little as they didn't even switch on late afternoon, I managed to lose a low double pike first off and had a missed swipe from another before netting a perch of around a pound and a half... my mate who fishes the deads had his third consecutive blank in our last three outings without so much of a sniff!

After still losing the pike on a large softbait with a self-rigged stinger i've decided i'm losing fish because the hooks aren't setting properly with the mono so i'm going to re-spool with braid for the fist time ever and see how it goes.

So then... How did it go for you?

mark brailsford 2

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
After still losing the pike on a large softbait with a self-rigged stinger i've decided i'm losing fish because the hooks aren't setting properly with the mono so i'm going to re-spool with braid for the fist time ever and see how it goes.

I don't fish in the close season mate!
A thing I would like to add though is that changing to Braid will be the best decision you will ever make and will enhance your lure fishing pleasure no end...Get yourself some Power-pro from Harris and you will never look back.

By the way, I thought you had left the site binka, I am concerned that so many that were on this site when I joined have gone to pastures new :(

nicepix

Reaction score
Managed a few chub from the Charente and stocked up on dead baits from the farm pond ready for a spot of catfishing.

Most of the weekend was taken up driving around looking at houses. Little wife has got the bit between her teeth now and we are in full reconnaissance mode.

The first house we looked at was about ten minutes walk and in sight of my favourite carp swim at the neck end of a lake. Today we are going to look at two more houses that are located at the dam end of the same lake, 4 km away and a gentle stroll from my favourite zander and catfish swims. Given that we are looking in an area of around 400 square kilometres isn't it coincidental that I've found three houses so close to the big lake :wh

barbelboi

Reaction score
Didn't fish over the weekend but had a productive session on Friday and leaving in about 20 mins for another go today.
Jerry

peter crabtree

AKA Simon, 1953 - 2022 (RIP)
Reaction score
Had a nice day Friday with Jerry at a local day ticket lake. I fished hair rigged bread punch all day on the bomb. Had a nice roach just over a pound, a carp and some skimmers.
Yesterday was at Oakfield fishery in Bucks, our last club match of the season.
The lake we fished has recently been dredged and restocked.
It fished hard with many blanking. I fished wag and mag throughout and caught 4 chub and 11 barbel for 13lb 2oz and won the match.
Happy days....

C

chefster

Had a nice day Friday with Jerry at a local day ticket lake. I fished hair rigged bread punch all day on the bomb. Had a nice roach just over a pound, a carp and some skimmers.
It fished hard with many blanking. I fished wag and mag throughout and caught 4 chub and 11 barbel for 13lb 2oz and won the match.
Happy days....

Stillwater barbel-SHOCK HORROR!!!,Seriously though well done mate,congrats Gaz:D:D

Lord Paul of Sheffield

Reaction score
I fished Saturday 4pm to 8pm - I caught a few small roach, a skimmer, foul hooked a chub and had a carp of about 5lb on the meat on the bomb
It was quite a pleasant evening in the sun

barbelboi

Reaction score
Happy days....

Nice one Simon, pity you've hit form at the wrong end of the match season:D
Jerry
PS L1 fished well today, back again Wednesday.

B

binka

By the way, I thought you had left the site binka(

Nah you're not that lucky mate ;) :)

FM is the only forum i've ever joined and to be honest I really enjoy it but have been up to my neck just lately with work and preparing for a house move along with a few other things and looking forward to getting the time to be a bit more active again as soon as things settle down... in conjunction with seeing if I can remember how to fish the waggler :cool:

Stuthebroo

Reaction score
Went on Sunday with my son to a club pond at a place called Bishopton Mill. I caught 25 roach and my son 15, nothing above 4oz but great sport none the less and was quite nice when the breeze dropped off.