Landing Net Size

Andyiow5

Reaction score
Hi could anyone let me know, which size and type of landing net, would be the best to buy for general float fishing of rivers and pond and carp up to about 15lbs cheers andy

trev (100M bronze)

Reaction score
Andy buy the biggest one you can afford. You can get a small fish in a big net and you can get a big fish in a big net. If your fishing venues with overhanging trees or walking river banks with tall weeds and rushes then go for a teardrop or round one, they dont get caught up as much as triangle ones

Andyiow5

Reaction score
Hi Trev thanks for the advise, are the ones with fine mesh in the bottom and larger mesh on the top best,

Mark Wintle

Reaction score
I've got a rigid framed 24" Masterline oval landing net that is easily adequate for the fishing you describe. Large triangular carp type 42" nets are more of a nuisance than an advantagefor most fishing. It will net carp to 30lbs and pike to 20lbs + without problems. It has the got minnow mesh only which makes it easier to hold in fast water.

B

Bob "chubber"Lancaster (ACA)

yeh i got a new greys 24" rubber net for genaral fishing and when i go where there are a risk of big fish i take a 42" and have them both riged up.

Andyiow5

Reaction score
Hi Mark, cheers for that info, iI have just bought my self one of the 24" nets,you suggested, thanks, all I got to get know is a unhooking mat and im away, thanks Andy

helloBob, thanks for the advise, I have heard alot about these rubber nets, are thay as good as peoplesay, there supposed to bekinder for the fish,so i heard

B

Bob "chubber"Lancaster (ACA)

yes mate they are and also you dont get hooks cought in them.