Benyon's Influence on the Trust ?

bennygesserit

Reaction score
Do you think that Parliamentary Under Secretary for Natural Environment , Water and Rural affairs DEFRA Richard Benyon ( who has had to famously U turn on the culling of Buzzards to protect soon-to-be-shot pheasants, who owns a swathe of rural England , both land and river ) is a positive influence on Angling ?

By angling I mean the sort that 90 percent here enjoy , coarse angling on rivers and still waters , not the exclusive few grand a year salmon stuff.

Do you think his influence via his position and via the Countryside Alliance is something the Angling Trust should court or oppose , both on a practical and political front ?

bennygesserit

Reaction score
???????????????:confused::confused::confused:

Thanks Chefster - you make a good point , I can see why the Trust has to coexist with Benyon , but I'm wary that the AT might simply become another minion of these mega rich landowners rather than a voice for all anglers.

bennygesserit

Reaction score
Ha Ha swing and a miss for Benny :)

me <- takes imaginary swing of golf club then shields eyes with hands looking to the horizon.

Of the 35 or so threads above this one 15 or so are opportunities for people to carry on the argument that seems to have permeated the forum for the last month.

If you want to prove how good you are at forum Kung Fu - try this place

The UK Debate Forum. Debate politics, political issues & general debate topics.

see if you can find anyone with a Dune related handle :)

In the meantime you miserable b*ggers - once more into the breach for a subject that I am convinced will have far reaching consequences for Angling -

Is Richard Benyon of DEFRA changing the Angling Trust to the darkside ?

geoffmaynard

Content Editor
Reaction score
No. And I think it's good that we have someone who understands the countryside in that position, be they left or right wing, poor or landed gentry, they must have a rapport with the countryside, and RB seems to have those qualifications.