Bad service of FOX

D

disco dan

I sent an email to Fox Yesterday about the size of storm poles i need for the sides of my oval brooley as the tackle dealer wasnt sure.I recived a reply today which gave full details of what i
needed but on it was an attachment of someone at fox who had forwarded the email the Quote was "1 dont no if this is a windup but forwarding it all the same" i have sent an email to them abut this but just wondered if anyone else has had bad after sales service.

D

David Will

Daniel I would be interested to hear what size they recommended as like Fox I would be a bit puzzled by the original question?

L

Laurie Harper

I've had friendly, quick service from Fox when I've ordered spares.

ron lander

Reaction score
I talked to Fox people several times before purchasing their heavy barbel rod and they were brilliant. Always replied professionaly and quickly. Also asked them qustions after the purchase and still got the same first class service.

C

Cakey

I lost foot off chair called in there on way home ,give me new one NO CHARGE.
Then a couple of years ago I had a real bad car crash which broke my alarms off my buzz bars, while I was out of action Fox put them right and again NO CHARGE

P

Paul Williams

Cakey,
Sorry mate but i was in stitches at your posting, only an angler could come out with "i had a real bad car crash which broke the alarms off my buzz bars"......thats one serious smack mate!

C

Cakey

Paul
its true I lost two front teeth,broke a finger,hurt a knee when it went through car radio,and severe seat belt bruising,wrote off me two week old car but more worried about me tackle.
oops fishing tackle.

K

Keith Manger

I had a bad experience with Fox after service a few years ago I had a Fox Chair that had a welding joint on a leg that had split. I wrote a letter with a diagram of what had broken and asked if I could have a replacement. eight weeks later I had still not had a reply. meanwhile I had been told not to expect much from Fox and told that one of our local shops had had almost 100% of their similar chairs returned because of stitching problems.
Anyway I sent a letter addressed to the managing director telling him that I was not pleased with the service I was getting.
I then received a very rude letter form Fox saying that they had the best after sales service in the country and that they had sent a mail label for me to send my legs back (still not received after 4 years) and virtually calling me a liar.

I only assume that they have improved (They could'nt have got any worse) but I swore that I would never buy Fox gear again and I haven't.

around the same time I had a RYOBI John Wilson Avon that broke and they replaced the tip within days. what a difference.

David Preston

Reaction score
Anyone who has a problem with tackle should go back to the retailer they bought it from.
A decent shop will sort it out for you, whether from stock or via the manufacturer. Tackle firms' systems are probably better set up to do it this way, and the shop can often 'persuade' a reluctant tackle firm better than an individual can.

M

Mark Hodson

Fox like all companies have there good and bad days, catch the wrong person on a Monday morning or Friday afternoon and your stuffed.

F

Fred Bonney

I wouldn't say a word against Fox,broke a section of my Kevlar Barbel,sent it direct to them, returned within days a replacement section.FOC

A

Andy Bebbington

I also have had bad service from fox,i e-mailed them about a problem i had and did not get a reply until i resent the e-mail weeks later,i then telephoned them direct
about some fox glasses i purchased from hinders and they were not interested at all.
Dont think i will be buying to much fox kit if i can help it.
cheers,Andy

B

Birds Nest

if you've got problems with kit, you should 1st off go back to the shop you brought it, not the manufacturers....

S

Stuart Bullard

Mark said "Fox like all companies have there good and bad days, catch the wrong person on a Monday morning or Friday afternoon and your stuffed".

While I agree this happens, it is also totally unacceptable.

......now I really do not want to get into my "hobby horse" of customer service in the UK.

B

Birds Nest

Yeah Yeah, what happened? Did Hinders not want to know?

Just trying to help..

martin flavell

Reaction score
sorry Dan
Perhaps not a wind up with your surname and an enquiry about the Length of poles ?
SORRY perhaps its the grog ....bedtime now !

S

Stuart Bullard

Having contributed above, and as a result implying Fox may be poor at service.

I phoned them yesterday because one of the bolts had worked free and got lost (after first use) from my Excel.

New one arrived this morning with letter of apology.

Credit where due.

One thing I would say, dont ever contact service lines by internet, always phone. I have extensive experince in customer service channels and internet based service is still miles behind the "blower" in most companies.