17 degrees Sunday. Anyone fishing this weekend?

peter crabtree

AKA Simon, 1953 - 2022 (RIP)
Reaction score
What a relief, that nasty NE wind has gone at last. This weekend is looking fair for a few fish. I had a good day yesterday at a commie, fishing wag and caster shallow. The roach and skimmers were 'avin it large.
I am fishing the open match at Stanborough lakes tomorrow. Thankfully a feeder venue, as my arms and shoulders are caning from the constant casting yesterday...
Sunday, I have no match booked so I am going to practice at Marsworth reservior at Tring in preparation for the first open later this month.(if any of you fancy joining me please PM me).

If not, where are you fishing this weekend?

C

chefster

Practice @ Barby Mill on Friday for an open following Saturday:),working this w/end:( Then fishing Weds,but dont know where yet:DcheersGaz

split shot

Reaction score
Yep, got a couple of nights carp fishing booked on Coston, will be taking a float rod as well as the roach go well over 3lb and offer a bit of fun.

sam vimes

Reaction score
Been out Saturday, Sunday and today this week. I'm now waiting to see what happens with the weather and whether the fish start moving before committing to another trip. If the weather is slated to stay nice after the weekend, I'll leave my next trip until the following week.

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
If, and its a big if the weather does what the forecasters are predicting, then I hope to be on one of my local trout lakes.

I am hoping that the weather will improve for the trout season to start on my local rivers; not too long to go now for the Itchen, April 24th but Timsbury has already started I think . . . . . .

Last edited:

Mart Smith

Reaction score
Having postponed going out last weekend due to the freezing winds, I'm out tomorrow. I joined a new club, and their membership starts from the 1st April so I've got lots of new waters to explore. Very excited! (Is it ok for a 50 something to still get excited?) :)

jimlad

Reaction score
My first spring tench trip is in the offing....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nicepix

Reaction score
We are loading the camper van up for a few days away in the mountains.

Forecast is 20C+ and clear skies so I'll be taking a fly rod and hopefully catching a few truites from any small river I come across.

barbelboi

Reaction score
Good luck, unless it's a commie you are heading to, I suspect you might need it.

Don't forget the estate lakes Sam, being relatively shallow they tend to produce early on if you fish the warmer margins later in the day - I'll put my head on the block and have a tench session on ours towards the end of next week - unlike last year when they were going well from early March.
Jerry

sam vimes

Reaction score
Don't forget the estate lakes Sam, being relatively shallow they tend to produce early on if you fish the warmer margins later in the day - I'll put my head on the block and have a tench session on ours towards the end of next week - unlike last year when they were going well from early March.
Jerry

Jerry,
the comment was purely with regards to the neck of the woods that Jim and I fish. Tench waters are a little thin on the ground up here, those that do exist still haven't warmed up very much yet. I suspect that it's going to take a good week of decent temperatures for all but the heavily stocked waters to wake from their slumbers. Outside of the commies, stillwater fishing up here is still very slow going. I know, I've been peeing in the (bitterly cold) easterlies for the last week or two.

barbelboi

Reaction score
Jerry,
the comment was purely with regards to the neck of the woods that Jim and I fish. Tench waters are a little thin on the ground up here, those that do exist still haven't warmed up very much yet. I suspect that it's going to take a good week of decent temperatures for all but the heavily stocked waters to wake from their slumbers. Outside of the commies, stillwater fishing up here is still very slow going. I know, I've been peeing in the (bitterly cold) easterlies for the last week or two.

Point taken Sam, I was in Catterick for a few weeks in the 60's - I forgot how parky it get's up there:D
Jerry

jimlad

Reaction score
Good luck, unless it's a commie you are heading to, I suspect you might need it.

Me too. Looking back to last year, I had my first tench from my chosen venue around about now. But of course, it was generally 10 degrees warmer and had been for weeks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

B

binka

Looking forward to a change at long last on Sunday at my old club water where it's likely to be bream on the groundbait feeder, i've not yet re-joined so will be going with a member and paying a day ticket instead but really looking forward to a change of scenery and style of fishing :)

dangermouse

Reaction score
I was quite fancying a day out but it`s going to be too windy. I can`t be doing with 30-40mph gusts so I`ll have to wait a little longer.

nicky

Reaction score
much warmer but forecast heavy rain sat and sunday so dont know what to do.