Up Close and Personal Carp Fishing

Gav Barbus

Reaction score
Smashing read,a way of fishing which is close to my heart.You can be on, had a fish or two and be away before most have set up camp.

Felix.

Reaction score
I love to fish like this but with a float. I Get lots of little fish for the fisrt hour and by the end of the hour, bream and tench roll in. I had 4 bream and 3 tench in one hour while others were struggling to get any bites. I love watching the float plop under, and after reading this, i might use 2 swans and a quiver, and go for some carp. Great Read!!

S

Sean Meeghan

Thanks guys - its really good fun and it can be surprisingly effective!

Reaction score
Sean

Enjoyed the read very much. Brought back great memories of margin fishing on a lovely little pool as a youth. Moving up from hammering roach and rudd to seeking out the bigger monsters!!!

N

Nigel Connor(ACA ,SAA)

Sean, thanks for the article.Informative and inspirational in equal measure.

I'd be interested in knowing why when an angler sees signs of a fish, he casts a marker float to it!?!

Milky White 2

Reaction score
LOVE fishing the margins. that young kid will be hooked on fishing after that.good article.I am going fishing for two days (weds 25th to 27th) you can be sure i will be fishing the margins i am gonna try SCOPEX MEAT with added DRIED CHILLI FLAKESand BLACK PEPPER . I am freezing it and defrosting it a couple of times so the flavours suck into the meat. wish me luck i will let you all how i get on (24th june 2008)