At last, a sensible understanding bailiff

Steve Spiller

Reaction score
After our visit to Sywell Wendi and I fancied some more tench fishing, so having just aquired my RDAA card we thought we'd head over to Reading to have a bash on the pits.

When we got there we couldn't open the secure car park padlock?

Panick stations, so I rang the local bailiff. What a lovely bloke!

I explained that the combination wouldn't work, to which he replied "is it a new membership you have"?

"Yes" I replied "why"?

"Because it's not valid yet!"

"Oh pants" I replied (or summut like that).

I explained that we had travelled from Bristol and he said "no worries, it's a common mistake" and gave me the combination and said "I'll let you fish today".

What a lovely bloke, hats off to RDAA, I know my local club aint like that!

I'm glad we didn't get a jobsworth! Sorry lad, rules is rules.

Ray Daywalker Clarke

Reaction score
He's checking all the sheep have up to date cards. To make sure they dont do a runner he put's their back legs down his wellies, well thats his excuse

F

Frank "Chubber" Curtis

<blockquote class=quoteheader>Ray Daywalker Clarke wrote (see)</blockquote><blockquote class=quote>He's checking all the sheep have up to date cards. To make sure they dont do a runner he put's their back legs down his wellies, well thats his excuse</blockquote>

I didn't know he was Welsh.......or perhaps Australian.

I reckon he's on tour with his drag act. He was a smash hit at the Wheel Tappers & Shunters Club especially with his Dolly Parton impersonation. Pity he can't sing like her. /forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif

Reaction score
Sounds like an Ace bailiff to me. It makes a change we hear about a bailiff who is good.

A certain local club insists on...

unhooking mats (i agree)
super long wire traces (longer than commercially available) for pike
and a large net (36" +)

Well, in the winter i was asked for my day ticket, and the bailiff it, formalities over i noticed he had a spinning rod on him, he told me he was fishing for pike today,

well, thats funny because he had no unhooking mat, no net, and no forceps.
so he broke at least 3 rules that day and i believe he used barbed hooks that are banned as well !!!!

HOWEVER Some of the local bailiffs are great and i thank them for their hard work and time, Keith Pope a bailiff on Bathampton AA is one such (most of them are but i know faces not names) is great, he is always running junior matches and runs the clubs coaching sessions. Dave Burnham is another good bailiff. - but this bailiff, i will never forget or forgive.

Ryan

P

Paul (Brummie) Williams

"i'll let you fish today"..........after you have forked out and the club take ya cash????

Perhaps clubs should get their act together........i call it taking money under false pretences!

Sorry Steve, but just lateley clubs and the way they treat those who pay their way is Ping me off.........

Steve Spiller

Reaction score
I understand that Paul.

But, I completely forget/overlooked that my new license wasn't valid until June 16th /forum/smilies/surprised_smiley.gif

So thanks to the nice bailiff we didn't have to turn around and go home.

Nothing today mate, gutted /forum/smilies/sad_smiley.gif