Michael Gove Urged to Save Environmental Education

chav professor

Reaction score
I was going to write something...... then something stopped me..... Can't be bothered. That man is a complete ar$e....

Latin, classics and bu**ing in the cloakrooms. He wants to make public school education open to all.

Oh, apart from the smaller class sizes, distinct class differences etc etc...

STOP CHAV..... STOPPPP!

chav professor

Reaction score
Those that didn't vote!!

Fred, I accept the sacrifices people have made in order to live in a democracy. Other than the big 2 1/2 parties.... all that is left is right wing extremists...

There is no one i consider deserving enough of my vote. Its not apathy that directs the choice not to vote - its a conscience and ethical standpoint.

chav professor

Reaction score
All very well Chav but we got lumbered with this lot because of you and your's consciences and ethics!!;)

The last lot weren't any better... I quite like the tory rebranding of what really are greedy, rich ba$tards.... Wealth creators and and the top end 'strivers'... Gosh, if immoral tax evasion and immoral bonuses rewarding the economic genius's were tackled - all this 'obvious' talent would head to some other failing global economy - yea right... with open arms...

Its funny how the 'top enders' have always been cushioned from the effects of economic hardship.

Its Feckless work shy teachers, single mothers, immigration and shirkers that got this country in this state - not to mention all those 'spare' bedrooms. I could read this in the papers in a daily basis.

Its not that I don't like the newspapers... they are great for wrapping bait in and keeping lug and rag worm fresh for a fishing session - keep 'em coming :).

I would just add... there is a new 'upstairs, downstairs Downton abby drama' being played out....it's subtly different... but its there all the same. By the time I am 70 and due to retire from my teaching post... I will do so with a warm glow that I did my bit to claw this country out of this mess.

Last edited:

Fred Bonney

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Yeh, yeh but not everybody reads the Daily Mail.

But, if those who could vote used their votes when they should have, this lot and the lot before may not have got in, and perhaps those that did would have needed to listen to those who voted them in.

As it stands, the government of the day will always have the non voters as an excuse, as they are the elected choice.

chav professor

Reaction score
May elections...

Labour - new Tory

Conservative - Tory

Lib Dems - Tory/whatever you want them to be.

UKIP - Torys gone mad

BNP - Brown shirts

I'm beginning to think David Icke is right
Reptilian Agenda - David Icke Website

Were being run by shape shifting reptilians

The reptilians need feeding off with ever increasing amounts of wealth.... just leaves less and less for everyone else.

Last edited:

cg74

Reaction score
[/COLOR]
Okay chaps, can we keep the Party Politics out of this and maybe concentrate on the Environmental side of the issue instead?

Peter, I agree but was it not obvious to whomever placed this news article, that leaving up for debate, it can/will only follow one course....

Last edited by a moderator:

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
Okay chaps, can we keep the Party Politics out of this and maybe concentrate on the Environmental side of the issue instead?

---------- Post added at 11:02 ---------- Previous post was at 10:46 ----------

Peter, I agree but was it not obvious to whomever placed this news article, that leaving up for debate, it can/will only follow one course..

Yes, it was pretty obvious but the real issue is the environmental one and not party politics.

We have allowed some leeway because of the obvious association, but let's try to concentrate on the important issue and how it may, or may not, affect our sport

Paul Boote

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
And I remember the lovely Miss Judith Grinsome taking my western edge of London primary school classes on weekly Nature Walks, "dahn the Moor" (Middx. Colne Valley), collecting leaves, flowers (mostly weeds), seeds and catkins, bugs, sticklebacks and tadpoles, then taking the seething mass back to the big Nature Table in each of the little classrooms. I understand that Mr Gove is wanting to take us back to the 1950s and early 1960s, education-wise ... hmm ... seems to have lost the Greek Tragic plot somewhere...

And so have I - I really shouldn't be here. Ta-ta.

chav professor

Reaction score
And I remember the lovely Miss Judith Grinsome taking my western edge of London primary school classes on weekly Nature Walks, "dahn the Moor" (Middx. Colne Valley), collecting leaves, flowers (mostly weeds), seeds and catkins, bugs, sticklebacks and tadpoles, then taking the seething mass back to the big Nature Table in each of the little classrooms. I understand that Mr Gove is wanting to take us back to the 1950s and early 1960s, education-wise ... hmm ... seems to have lost the Greek Tragic plot somewhere...

And so have I - I really shouldn't be here. Ta-ta.

What hope would a primary school have of meeting its KS2 targets?... Time wasted on nature walks is time wasted on coaching kids - they have to perform to meet government stats.

I would hate to be a child going through school today.

I too fondly remember the Nature table. We had a Teacher who shared with us her passion for nature. Her favourite thing was fungi - stink caps, ink caps, a huge puff ball..

Mr Boote, ever welcome..

flightliner

Reaction score
I think that Gove is trying to make some attempt at regaining lost ground. For years now there has been a tendency in education to introduce a wider ,more embracing learning scenario that many (I suppose me included) now feel has been a failure -- we see young people entering uni who need to beef up there knowledge of the three "Rs" and elsewhere-- say in FE - students entering for courses where, say, reading drawings in engineering, building etx cant even read or add up (dont get me going about NVQs-- please--- Not Very Qualified).
Back in the seventies/early eighties such a situation was almost unheard of but since the wishy washy extra subjects began to creep into the school ed system along with constant changes heralded by governments (16 white papers in the twelve years my daughter was in school) it really began to make itself obvious that it needed some sort of re-dress.
Maybe Gove will make a cock up in his attempts at reforms but I hope ,for everybodies sake that he succeeds.

Last edited:

guest61

Reaction score
If Michael Gove really cared about education he'd resign.

flightliner

Reaction score
If Michael Gove really cared about education he'd resign.

But there,s the rub BR , they never do, bankers, health execs, MPs etx.
If the instigator is or seems genuine in their attempts/intentions I can go along some way to accepting the odd small failure along the way (we all make them from time to time) sad as it is its possible to correct.
Its when the failure is massive -- like the EU for example that its hard to forgive.
Whatever ones impressions are of Gove I understand he had a very hard beginning in life and I wish him well with his undertakings.

guest61

Reaction score
Whatever ones impressions are of Gove I understand he had a very hard beginning in life and I wish him well with his undertakings.

I accept this last bit but he's gone on to a 'career' (of sorts) I don't think that its right to refer to his roots once in office - if he's poor, in my view he is, he's poor.

I'd also prefer him to return to being a journalist - that said, if he went he'd be replaced by someone who is equally effete.

flightliner

Reaction score
I accept this last bit but he's gone on to a 'career' (of sorts) I don't think that its right to refer to his roots once in office - if he's poor, in my view he is, he's poor.
BR, from what I,ve read of the guy its his hard beginnings that maybe enthused him with the desire to get the best out of the education system prevailing at the time which is why I referred to them.
Maybe knowing how it worked for him (?) is possibly the reason he wants to divert students to what he believes will be more beneficial for them in the future.
I agree with you wholeheartedly tho that for someone like me it is only a career "of sorts"
Love em or hate em tho they are,nt going away.:D

chav professor

Reaction score
I think that Gove is trying to make some attempt at regaining lost ground. For years now there has been a tendency in education to introduce a wider ,more embracing learning scenario that many (I suppose me included) now feel has been a failure -- we see young people entering uni who need to beef up there knowledge of the three "Rs" and elsewhere-- say in FE - students entering for courses where, say, reading drawings in engineering, building etx cant even read or add up (dont get me going about NVQs-- please--- Not Very Qualified).
Back in the seventies/early eighties such a situation was almost unheard of but since the wishy washy extra subjects began to creep into the school ed system along with constant changes heralded by governments (16 white papers in the twelve years my daughter was in school) it really began to make itself obvious that it needed some sort of re-dress.
Maybe Gove will make a cock up in his attempts at reforms but I hope ,for everybodies sake that he succeeds.

Education is a political football. It has been tweaked and fannied about with. I have to agree - a lot of the IMPOSED new culture of teaching and learning is emperors new clothes....

Its not teachers that have been getting it wrong. i do my job and deliver in the way it needs to be delivered - in effect tweaking my teaching to fit the new criteria as set down by what an excellent lesson looks like (what ever the f*** that is..lol).

I left school with two GCSE's (impossible in todays education system) - I wasn't thick or stupid. I did address my education in later life - not through wishy washy rubbish - just hard work, graft and plenty of support from what I guess you could call an SEN co-ordinator in the FE system. As a 12 -15 year old student - would I have attended a support group to help me with maths? Hell no.... Could I have been taught how to use a PC as a tool to address fundamental problems with literacy? Didn't have a PC then.

I further did an access course to get on the Degree course I wished to study - it was the best preparation I could ever have wished for - it gave me the tools for the job! even got a 2:1

I don't know, I hope someone sorts it out - If its michael Gove - perhaps it would be nice to have the roll of teaching recognized as a profession. Would be even nicer if teachers were not made to feel they contributed to the perceived failing of an education system by the political media.

I love my job - but I'm tired, bored and demoralized by the politics and fear imposed by the ever impending OFSTED inspection.

Yes the holidays are great... BUT I went part time... Couldn't keep up with the increasing expectations at the expense of a family life and time to do things - Like FISHING:D

The natural world is a great 'hook' to inspire young minds - thats why i have a lab full of stuffed animals, skulls, fossils, birds wings - even brought in peeling crabs, grass snakes, crickets, locusts and a whole host of other stuff - that I'm always being reminded I'm not allowed to as it has to come from a recognized source or some rubbish.

Anyway, how can you have a Michael Gove article - and leave the politics out:D