Barriers to Fishing: Carl and Alex in Conversation

guest61

Reaction score
I can recommend the Youtube channel that these lads have put together - frankly, its a breath of fresh air in the current world of sponsored 'this' and specimen 'that' (I'm not saying that they're not sponsored, if they are its done in a palletable way). I'd like someone to back them them for a TV show.

MarkTheSpark

Reaction score
Wow. If Carl and Alex' intelligent and well-reasoned words are typical of the next angling generation, angling's in safe hands.

But we mustn't lose sight of the fact that, if anglers don't pass on their experience to youngsters, the sport will die on its ar$e. I got the bug thanks to the incredible Peter Rolfe, who ran the school fishing club and took my brother and I for days on the Dorset Stour.

I couldn't convince my son or daughter to go fishing more than a handful of times, so angling won't continue down my bloodline. I bet other FMers will say the same. It's a shame, because not only do I have something to share, I want to share it.

Surely FM could organise at least one 'Get Kids Fishing' day somewhere? I'd be more than happy to come along and help out.

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
Surely FM could organise at least one 'Get Kids Fishing' day somewhere? I'd be more than happy to come along and help out.

We used to do that Mark, the last one was some years ago now unfortunately.

Other than the usual 'nonsense' of the CRB checks there is no real reason why we couldn't reintorduce a Junior Teach-In Day on an annual basis.

My old club used to have one or two a year but the resistance to the CRB check caused us to stop doing them.

Last edited:

chav professor

Reaction score
Carl and Alex - love your enthusiasm for fishing... Keep up the good work! If clubs can't embrace young anglers entering the sport, its very short sighted. In Suffolk we are very lucky to have some splendid coaches.

Mark Brewster is such an example in the Ipswich area. Anyone lucky enough to benefit from his enthusiasm and passion for the sport is lucky indeed.

Maybe the Alex and carl youtube channel could be the start of the revolution. I look forward to seeing more from these young rising stars!!!

jimlad

Reaction score
The current you tube vid is missing loads of videos. You tube accidentally deleted the YouTube channel recently, and they are now starting from scratch again. The videos are excellent, and I've noticed they have started producing fishing videos for other people. A bright future ahead of them...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk