Is the credit crunch affecting your fishing?

Jack Sales

Reaction score
With all the rising costs in living, are any of you finding it difficult to keep up with your sessions? I am and can now only travel to my river of choice once a month. On the other side of the coin though, i am now using more slugs as bait to cut down on cost, and am having great success. Any other thoughts?

Claudia Crowther

Reaction score
I'm a tackle tart and fishing mad so to justify my addiction I do a lot of overtime, which covers my costs of tackle, bait and travelling costs.

Jack Sales

Reaction score
Well i have to admit i do love my tackle, but i'm learning you do not need it to catch. infact i think it gives you the edge.For example my catch ratenearly doubled when i began fishing one rod opposed to two.I have to admit though i have just got a second job to justify my expenses, but the trouble is i have even less time for fishing!!

Reaction score
It has stopped me from going to venues further away from home for sure. It has also made me think twice about what i buy.

But i still fell into the trap of buying worms - i buy them when i could easily dig them from the garden, and the best bit is the fact that i never use the damn things

Ryan

fred hall

Reaction score
Living on a pension certainly makes you think twice about what tackle you spend the pennies on! However, I am determined that it is not going to curtail my fishing. One lucky break, I now live just across the road from my beloved River Ribble.

slime monster

Reaction score
the fuel charges have made me fish closer to home i still have the exe but travelling to the parrot and the brue wont happen ,on the plus side i have rejoined my local club after 15 years absence and i am rediscovering good fishing that is a stones throw in comparison and i dare say this is happening everywhere.

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
Not really, but then I am single so I can more or less please myself.

I am currently upgrading/renewing some of my kit, so this week I've replaced my sleeping bag and thermal cover, and bought a new 1 man bivvy as my old one was a 2 man and not too practical any more.

R

Robert Woods

It has in a way as I'm using up all pellets & freezer bait left over from 14th March before I replenish them.

J

John McLaren

I suspect I may not be going any distance on my own too often for the forseeable future. I reckon a round trip to the Ribble will set me back £11 in petrol

fred hall

Reaction score
sorry Paul, but I think I will decline your kind offer to swap the Ribble for the Mersey (my mother lived at Marple so even though I know the area you are talking about I'll stick!)