My Ideal Commercial Water

• Thread starter Ron 'The Hat' Clay (ACA)
  • Start date
R

Ron 'The Hat' Clay (ACA)

I do not have the money, but if I did I would create what I think would be the ideal commercial lake. This is how I would go about it:

I would buy a large flooded gravel pit of at least 50 acres. In would go the earth moving equipment which would form a number of bays around the lake, such that any anglers fishing one bay would not be able to see anglers fishing the next. The whole lake would then be landscaped using experts, afirm who would be the modern equivalent of Capability Brown.

In each bay I would build a small self catering chalet capable of sleeping at least 4 anglers. There would be electricity, waterbourne sewage and running water supplied. There would also be a bar-b-que area.

In front of the chalet would be moored two solid punts.

The lake would be stocked with tench, bream, roach, rudd, cruciansand perch.

Absolutely no carp!!!

There would be aone way ring road around the complex allowing easy access, Therewould also be a shop where basic food as well as bait, tackle and beverages could be obtained. The pride of place in the complex would be the conference centre and museum.

I realise such an undertaking would costa million or two, but isn't it nice to dream?

Reaction score
Sounds nice, when can i go there / join .......

Ryan

PS Build it next to a stretch of river so i can go trotting pleeeeease

Reaction score
Like it Ron.

Perhaps you could include a few genuine wildies?

If you're looking for an ideal "commercial" that currently exists - (and I admit to not having a vast experience of commericals)- I would always recommend Monkhall Farm nr Monkhopton in Shropshire.

Poshers

R

Ron 'The Hat' Clay (ACA)

As regards fishing rules, they would be simple.

No Litter, No bolt rigs, no boilies.

Reaction score
You would like Monkhall Ron,

The owner states that only stuff that you would/could eat can be used as bait - (I believe the SAS regulalry eat worms and maggots!) basically its corn, bread, maggots, worms or luncheon meat. Strawberry/scopex favourings were ok!

Philip

Reaction score
Sounds nice, but a little too “commercial” for my liking…”ring road” drums up images of the M25 /forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif

Also got to say I was with you up to the “no bolt rigs” …silly rule ....why not ? …whats a bolt rig ? …I am using a porcupine quill and laying on with 3oz of split shot underneath…am I float fishing or bolt rigging ?

....My water...well similarbut less mod cons and I would have the odd Carp in there..I think it adds spice and mystry...un-stoppabe monsters and all that...also it would be reserved just for me I am afraid as I hate crowds and I would not want to share it with anyone..so I guess I would go out of business../forum/smilies/sad_smiley.gif