Mild, overcast and windy. Anyone fishing this weekend?

peter crabtree

AKA Simon, 1953 - 2022 (RIP)
Reaction score
Sunday sees the first of the 6 charity open matches at Marsworth ressie Tring.
These run monthly till September. This year will be the 4th year of this popular series. Advance bookings have been healthy and this weekends match was sold out 2 weeks ago. The benefactors are The Ian Rennie hospice.
With bream averaging 4 to 8 lb being the target fish, it is a challenge.
I'm booked in on all 6 as usual.

Anyone else out this weekend?

C

chefster

I,m fishing an open @ Barby Mill,Rugby,on Saurday-fishing 1pm-6pm a lovely picturesque little venue with a good head of skimmers and carp:D

dangermouse

Reaction score
Definitely out on either Fri or Sat, maybe both. Fancy a trip to the club pond after crucians and tench and either a first session on the canal or maybe a trip up to my local fishery.

andreagrispi

Reaction score
Wild dogs would not stop me fishing this weekend.

I've already had a challenging week at work and I'm travelling to Edinburgh and back tomorrow for a tough meeting.

I've been per-baiting a swim on a 90 acre lake near to home - so will be hopefully on the bank early Saturday.

itsfishingnotcatching

Reaction score
Probably fish a commercial. Ironically though, my recent travels have taken me past the Severn, Wye, Teme and Salwarpe, all have looked in really good condition. No doubt the end of the close season will be heralded by storms and floods.:(

B

binka

Looking to get out possibly on Sunday but will be on my lonesome for the first weekend in ages as my mate's fishing a match, if I can get up to the new place for the normal gear then all good and well but if not it will be... yep, another jigging session with the gear that's been living in the boot of my car for the last few weeks :eek:mg:

If it is I will be there through optimism and not expectation as the pike and perch seem to be very much distracted with romance at the moment, roll on two or three weeks time when i've got everything all in one place again :)

sam vimes

Reaction score
I've got the pressure cooker going prepping some particles. Whether it gets used where I intend is another matter. Much will depend on a walk round tonight/tomorrow.

nicepix

Reaction score
Can't make up my mind whether to try the smaller rivers for trout with the fly rod, stalk some chub in the Charente river or try for catfish in the big lake. Decision, decisions................

dangermouse

Reaction score
I`ve made arrangements to go down to the club pond tomorrow with a mate and the bloody weather forecast has now just changed to heavy rain in the morning. :mad:

dangermouse

Reaction score
Oh bad luck Neil, dry down here tomorrow morning - looking forward to it:wh:D
Jerry

Forecast has now changed again :rolleyes: light rain now. Guess I`ll just have to see what it`s like in the morning.

Worse comes to worst I`ll have an afternoon on the canal and see if I can catch my first gudgeon of the year. :D

And it`s looking like a trip up to the local fishery on either Sat or Sun depending on which day my mate can make. Hoping for a few nice tench but I`ll settle for a few carp, anything that puts a bend in the rod really.

flightliner

Reaction score
unfortunately I wont be out this weekend but went midweek in all that heavy wind and did a big personal best brown trout on the flyrod.
Next monday or wednesday perhaps

sam vimes

Reaction score
Right, could someone turn the heating back on, please? It's a bit parky in the bivvy already. Sat in a t-shirt this afternoon but the temperature has plummeted. Starting to wish I wasn't so optomistic/bone idle as to leave the winter skin off! The remote volume control doesn't seem to be working on geese, ducks and oystercatchers. At least the tufties are having fun with my spod mix. Hopefully they'll leave some for the fish. Thank you to those nice folks at Amazon for the kindle and whoever dreamt up internet on mobile phones. If they could see their way fit to upping the speeds when you are in the sticks, I'd be very grateful!

dangermouse

Reaction score
Right, could someone turn the heating back on, please? It's a bit parky in the bivvy already. Sat in a t-shirt this afternoon but the temperature has plummeted. Starting to wish I wasn't so optomistic/bone idle as to leave the winter skin off! The remote volume control doesn't seem to be working on geese, ducks and oystercatchers. At least the tufties are having fun with my spod mix. Hopefully they'll leave some for the fish. Thank you to those nice folks at Amazon for the kindle and whoever dreamt up internet on mobile phones. If they could see their way fit to upping the speeds when you are in the sticks, I'd be very grateful!

Bankside report, nice one.:thumbs:

Best of luck Chris.

sam vimes

Reaction score
Bankside report, nice one.:thumbs:

Best of luck Chris.

Thanks, I suspect I'm going to need it. You can now add curlews, owls, foxes and a couple of lost lambs to the cacophony. Still no sign of fish though. Next time those with a downer on long stay "bivvy boys" have a good moan about them sleeping in the day, try to understand that, despite the gear, they may well not have slept much during the supposed quiet hours. With luck that'll be down to non-stop fishy action. However, it might just be for shivering the night away or due to the night not being anywhere near as quiet as you think it would be. ;)

sam vimes

Reaction score
What a glorious morning. I saw two o'clock and pretty much every half hour thereafter. i wish I could report that it was for fish but, no, the tufties are having a field day! Once dawn arrived I ventured forth properly. I found the grass to be crunchy and a good thick layer of frost on everything. The tufties are having some kind of apple bobbing party over my baited area. Other than that, nothing to report other than I'm dog tired, it's a glorious day and it's time for porrige and coffee.

C

chefster

Well its not mild,overcast and windy-its warm,sunny and calm and i,m ready to go fishing for a 12 noon draw:D:cool: