Hello from Stockholm

buzzard12

Reaction score
Hello all,

I'm a new member, having just signed up. I am an Irishman, though have been living in Stockholm, Sweden for the past ten years. I greatly enjoy it here and the fishing is fantastic, with a huge wealth of wild, natural fisheries. I love to coarse fish and have been doing so for years...
I am an all round angler in general, though do have an interest in predators, with Perch being my favourite species. As well as predators I do enjoy fishing for Bream and Tench, which tend to be neglected here in Sweden and I am planning a go at trying my hand at catching a few larger specimens in the coming months and years..
Most of all, I enjoy getting out there with my fishing mates and sharing a day's fishing, whatever the species..
Look forward to using the resource here at FM, seems to be a wealth of information and experience to learn from here on the forums..

Alan Dalton.

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
Hello Alan and Welcome to FishingMagic

Or, as you have been there a good while:

hej och valkommen till FishingMagic

Whereabous are you located and do you fish down in the Skane area?

We used to fish the Scandinavian Masters down that way back in the early to mid 90's. Fabulous fishing and some great people.

Another of my favorite palces to fish was on the Klaralven in Karlstad, superb Vedebuk and Mort too.

buzzard12

Reaction score
Hello Alan and Welcome to FishingMagic

Or, as you have been there a good while:

hej och valkommen till FishingMagic

Whereabous are you located and do you fish down in the Skane area?

We used to fish the Scandinavian Masters down that way back in the early to mid 90's. Fabulous fishing and some great people.

Another of my favorite palces to fish was on the Klaralven in Karlstad, superb Vedebuk and Mort too.

Hi Peter,

Not been to Skane with a rod. though I am well aware of the superb fishing to be had there. I do almost all my fishing in the area around Stockholm and its archipelago, with the odd venture further to the north. I think a trip further afield in the next year or two is in order, would be a fantastic experience. Having said that, there is a wealth of superb angling to be had close to Stockholm...

Many thanks to all for the welcoming comments on the thread here, greatly appreciated..