Trent for disabled?

richard859

Reaction score
Hello.

Does anyone know of any spots on the Trent that a persons car can be parked fairly close. I find it difficult to walk very far. But would love to catch a Trent barbel this summer. Day Ticket or club water please?

Ray Wood 1

Reaction score
Doesn't the A1 pits bit let you have vehicular access .

That's right Phil you can drive the whole length of the river and park your car right behind you. It is also a locked fishery at night so once your in your in so quite safe with no worries about safety.

I have had some good catches from this stretch over the last few seasons.

Regards
Ray

Judas Priest

Reaction score
Thought that was right Ray, and if the rivers out of sorts you can fish the lakes.

godsdice

Reaction score
Have a look at Scunthorpe Pisces book, there's Lady Pitt farm and a new stretch at Dunham both suitable

.News - Scunthorpe Pisces Angling Club

I forgot to mention very safe and well managed by the baliff team.

You are kidding right Fred?

Lady Pitt is far from disabled friendly and unless you can get in the first 3-4 pegs under the weir you need absailing gear to get down the banks.

As for Dunham, again not disabled friendly as you have to park under the bridge then climb over a style before walking to a peg.

---------- Post added at 19:31 ---------- Previous post was at 19:24 ----------

Hello.

Does anyone know of any spots on the Trent that a persons car can be parked fairly close. I find it difficult to walk very far. But would love to catch a Trent barbel this summer. Day Ticket or club water please?

If you want your car close try the following....
Thrumpton (Day ticket stretch downstream of the ashfield water before njotts fed water)
Burton Joyce road stretch (Ashfield angling day ticket water)
Caythorpe (Midland angling day ticket)
East Stoke (Day ticket stretch near garage)
Farndon (newark day ticket stretch)
A1 Pits (Day ticket)
Winthorpe Rack (Newark day ticket)
Collingham - tidal (2nd entrance downstream, day ticket)
Besthorpe - tidal (Scunthorpe day ticket)
South Clifton - tidal (Scunthorpe day ticket)
North Clifton - tidal (Lincoln day ticket)
Laughterton - tidal (Lincoln day ticket)

Fred Bonney

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
There's plenty of flat space above the weir,so unless you know the extent of ****ymints disability, he only said he can't walk far, so both are still options.

You forgot the Sutton on Trent Barbel Society water, it has an ideal spot known as "the beach" away from the crowds and plonkers, night fishing, and park behind your swim.

Last edited:

Titus

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
There's plenty of flat space above the weir,so unless you know the extent of ****ymints disability, he only said he can't walk far, so both are still options.

You forgot the Sutton on Trent Barbel Society water, it has an ideal spot known as "the beach" away from the crowds and plonkers, night fishing, and park behind your swim.

Thats a matter of opinion Fred. (I still can't do smilies)

Fred Bonney

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Especially for you Ade, if you really want them

Go to User CP, the 2nd green bar down the first option click on that.

Drop down to Settings& Options

The 4th one down is Thread Display Options click on that at the bottom of that block is Disable Smilies the rest is seld explanatory.

Apart from that, I'm sure those that fish there probably have a similar opinion of yourself :D ;)

I should also mention that the opposite bank doesn't have any plonkers fishing it either

godsdice

Reaction score

Not exactly Barbel prolific above the weir but if he wants to catch bream and roach he will fill his boots, and if he fancies making a peg then sure..... Oh wait he isn't allowed, and if anyone sneezes access to it is locked due to 'damp' grass.
I didn't mention Sutton as he's inexperienced so thought a day ticket stretch might be a better starting point before paying out to joing the BS and get a sutton ticket, also it's not fished well for 18 months!!

Fred Bonney

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Plenty of barbel have been caught, and reported to the members from along the whole stretch at Sutton.

Anyway all a bit of a waste of time, not certain that ****iemint has looked in since asking the question!