korda iq 15lb extra soft help

kevin switek

Reaction score
hi is korda a con or not as i bought some korda iq 15lb extra soft i am doing the knotless knot 7 turns and the figure of eight knot to the swivel but it seems to snap easy at the eye of the hook or just above the hook is raptor szie 6 is it ment to do this that easy cheers if ya can help me out.<!-- google_ad_section_end -->

R

RobD

The loops knots are not too great with that stuff mate, use a flexi-swivel and use a polomar knot to attach the IQ to the ring part of the swivel....I had the same problems as you but way I've described is rock solid.

Good luck...

sh13

Reaction score
Are you sure that there's not a problem in you knots or there aren't sharp snags where your fishing?? I've had the IQ in 15Ibfor a couple ofmonths now and landed quite a few carp and tench on it and it hasn't let me down yet.

kevin switek

Reaction score
no it dont snap at swivel end its at the hook end i make make a rig up then give it a couple off pulls and it just snap at the hook eye like butter i aint even got to the water yet glad i didnt as i would lost the fish

R

RobD

Loads of people have had trouble with IQ snapping at the knot or just above, the polomar stops all that...trust me I'm a baker, I bake things /forum/smilies/big_smile_smiley.gif/forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif

R

RobD

woops /forum/smilies/big_smile_smiley.gifit's snapping by the hook, doh is me..!!

Bryan Baron 2

Reaction score
When tying the knotless knot whatch which way you wind down the shank with any nylon line. The problem is the hook eye were it joins the shank. The line cuts into the join and is weakend. Korum brought out the seamless eye hook to cure this.

Just try winding in the opposite direction and the problem should be solved. With reards to the swivel knot go with the polymer the best knot around.