help if you can

BigRob

Reaction score
I have been fishing for around 3 months and have wrecked 4 standard flasks, the ones with the glass interior, so I purchased some stainless steelones from my local supermarket. However, they'renot very good; they leak, despite the stopper being tightened and they donot keep the drinkvery hot for very long, even though I warm them with boiling water first for at least 10 minutes.

I want tobuya decent stainless steel, or equally durable,flask. Does anybody have any suggestions, or even better, a recommendation on your own experiences.

Thanks forany help you might be able to give.

Lark

Reaction score
Rob - I've been using my stainless steel Aladdin flask for years (and it's taken a few hidings!). Never had a problem with it.

Reaction score
Like Lark, i've been using an Aladdin flask for what seems like forever.

I put boiling water in the night before i go and leave it overnight, then empty it and put whatever i want hot (boiling water, tea, coffee - normally made on the bank tho) into it in the morning.

Ryan

(I've heard the stanley flasks are good too.)

Paul C

Reaction score
Those cheap stainless ones in supermarkets and Wilko's and the like are really poor at keeping the contents hot.

The only solution is to pay decent money fora good one from somewhere like an outdoor shop.

I have an old 'Thermos'stainless one from when they first came out, probably best part of 20 years old and it's miles better than any I've bought on the cheap since. Paid about £15 to £20 for it years back, so it's probably worth buying quality that will last and do a good job.

Reaction score
My large stainless steel thermos is over 20 years old and it's just started to loose heat. Probably the internal ruuber seals perishing.

I'd certainly recommend another.

I do have a couple of smal 'no brand' flasks from Sainsburys and they stay hot too.

C

Chris Bishop

I got a Kelly Kettle after reading about them on here and talking to some of the Irish guys at the PAC Convention last year. I'll never use a flask again, though most of my fishing is either on boats or out of the back of the car.