particles

BASSETT

Reaction score
i've been buying ready prepared hemp,maize and tigers from my tackle shop and it costing me a lot of money. i know where i can buy cheap unprepared hemp and maize from, but i don't know how to prepare it.

How do you prepare them? and are they all prepared the same way?

any help is much appreciated.

thanks.

Bassett!

TJD Notts

Reaction score
Bassett, I prepare my hemp by soaking it for 24 hours in cold water in a big 1.8 litre flask. I add chilli powder to the water and give it a good shake. After 24 hours i drain off the water and then bring it to the boil in a saucepan. I then pour the boiling water back over the hemp and leave for 24 hours. After 24 hours the hemp should of split (depends on quality of hemp) and is ready for use. Do not throw the water away as it's brilliant for soaking pellets (this is what i do, 1 minute for every mm of pellet used so a 3mm pellet soak for 3 minutes then drain off excess fluid) or for mixing groundbait.

If you want to prepare more hemp you can use a rigid cool box but increase the quantity of hemp/ water.

Nathan

Reaction score
Bassett, try thislink to the particle preperation guide from CC Moore. It should have all the information you need.

Personally I soak my maize/hemp for 24 hours adding any flavours to the water so they will be soaked into my bait. I then boil for roughly 45mins. You'll get the hang of it the more you do it.