Andico tackle

graham booth

Reaction score
Hi all. Does anyone remember, or have any information about a tackle company called 'Andico'? They were associated with Llandegfedd and Derek MacDonald in the 1990s, I believe. I need the information for a tiny section of my History of Pike Fishing Vol. II.

Thanks in advance.

kickstart

Reaction score
Hi all. Does anyone remember, or have any information about a tackle company called 'Andico'? They were associated with Llandegfedd and Derek MacDonald in the 1990s, I believe. I need the information for a tiny section of my History of Pike Fishing Vol. II.

Thanks in advance.

Yes mate. It was owned and run by Andy Nicholson. He had some great rods made up on Harrison blanks. His "Shrimping and worming special" is one of the best rods I own.

His video "The Occasional Salmon" is still available and if you try hard enough Andy can be tracked down.:)

cheers
Kickstart

graham booth

Reaction score
Yes mate. It was owned and run by Andy Nicholson. He had some great rods made up on Harrison blanks. His "Shrimping and worming special" is one of the best rods I own.

His video "The Occasional Salmon" is still available and if you try hard enough Andy can be tracked down.:)

cheers
Kickstart

Thanks for that. Is the firm still trading? I know that there is an Andico Tackle operating from Crewe (I Googled it.).

cashmere

Reaction score
i have a vhs tape called modern small water fly fishern fishing dearnford showing a young phil dixon great video

The bad one

Reaction score
Thanks for that. Is the firm still trading? I know that there is an Andico Tackle operating from Crewe (I Googled it.).
That probably is the same company as he did live on the Combermere Estate in the 90s and his warehouse was on a nearby industrial estate with a Crewe postcode.

Whether both are still correct I wouldn't know, as I haven't seen or heard anything about him since the late 90s.