Bivvy Reviews

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
Why is it that (and this is a pet hate of mine) in just about every photo set you see for a new bivvy the darn thing has been erected to poorly?

For some (unfathomable) reason the groundsheets are always rumpled and creased and usually they are left to flap about outside the outer bivvy walls; a sure sign that it will allow the ingress of rainwater.

Now okay, I will admit to being a triffle OCD when it comes to my fishing kit, including my bivvy and those who know me will tell you that I even have a small dustpan and brush in mine, but then I already said I was a little OCD

Back to the main topic though, now, if I was going to advertise a bivvy and hope to extract upto 500 notes from anyone, then I'd darn well make sure that the thing was erected properly; the outer skin drum-tight under tension and with the groundsheet taut and clean and the whole thing pegged down properly too!

nicepix

Reaction score
They are probably trying to create a realistic impression of every day use. I've seen you erecting your bivvy and I have to say that the laser leveller is too radical for most folk. As is the flag pole and Jacobs family crest pennant indicating that you are 'at home'.

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
They are probably trying to create a realistic impression of every day use. I've seen you erecting your bivvy and I have to say that the laser leveller is too radical for most folk. As is the flag pole and Jacobs family crest pennant indicating that you are 'at home'.

Well, yeah, suppose so, but the Satellite dish does add: Un petit quelque chose, n'est pas?

http://www.fishingmagic.com/forums/...ture2019-weekend-home-trakker-armo-bivvy.html

. . . please note the "Welcome Mat" by the door . . . . . . its there for visitors to wipe their bloody muddy feet on before traipsing it all into my bivvy!!!!!

[insert winkey thing > > > HERE]

guest61

Reaction score
Well, yeah, suppose so, but the Satellite dish does add: Un petit quelque chose, n'est pas?

http://www.fishingmagic.com/forums/...ture2019-weekend-home-trakker-armo-bivvy.html

. . . please note the "Welcome Mat" by the door . . . . . . its there for visitors to wipe their bloody muddy feet on before traipsing it all into my bivvy!!!!!

[insert winkey thing > > > HERE]

we are talking about a Bivvy for fishing use, or it this your 'quarters' when working on distant projects?

sam vimes

Reaction score
I rarely fish places with perfectly flat fishing pitches. It's been my experience that you can rarely get a bivvy showroom perfect in less than perfectly flat spots. That imperfection will usually involve the groundsheet being rucked up somewhere. However, there are plenty of bivvies out there that you couldn't set up perfectly on a bowling green. It's also surprising how many bivvies are designed to have a tongue of groundsheet protruding out of the door. Always strikes me as a stupid design.

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
I like table with the buckets on RHS of photo where did you get it?

I've had that for years, bought it in the early 90's.

It is a Sensas groundbait stand that came complete with two different sized bowls. Not sure of they are still made to be honest.

I've used mine for everything from match fishing to a bait table for my Carp weekends.

---------- Post added at 13:58 ---------- Previous post was at 13:45 ----------

It's been my experience that you can rarely get a bivvy showroom perfect in less than perfectly flat spots.

I totallt agree which is my point really; if you were going to be taking a set of pictures of the new bivvy as advertising material, wouldn't you find a nice flat and level site that shows of the product to its best advantages?

I would, especially at the prices we are expected to pay for even a mid range bivvy these days

peter crabtree

AKA Simon, 1953 - 2022 (RIP)
Reaction score
Pah ! Bivvy Schmivvy....I cannot be having with those damned things. Too busy falling backwards off my chair to be worried about what my tent looks like. A pox on them too !

Says the angler who vowed he would rather 'die in a ditch' before he got a pole.

Then bought one!

lmfao.....

terry m

Reaction score
I think you can tell a lot by how neat or tidy an angler is. An organised angler is usually very logical and methodical.

I like to be organised and get my Armo Mk2 as neat as possible, but I draw the line at a welcome mat.

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
Terry,

It is actually an insulated mat which just makes it a little more comfortable.

It was an angler from FM who 'christened it' the welcome Mat and was placed like that so fun for the photograph.

I do agree though as I've seen some right "dives" when out on a weekend fish-in with kit and stuff strewn all over the place inside a bivvy.
My thought is that as they are so small then you really have to be a bit neat or risk spending the weekend in a tip.