Time to give up ?

appyamma

Reaction score
Iwas talking to someone today who couldnt belive that carp anglers, me in particular that had gone days without catching , even weeks at a timeon the bankwithout a single bleep. Whats your record dry spell, and can we have a record count as every time i go and dont catch, at least ican be happy in knowing that im one step nearer to being a complete blanker.

Day Breamer

Reaction score
Dunno about Carp but i heard of some people going months on end at Queenford without a fish in the late 80's.

I imagine Redmire can be like that too, and last i heard it was £250 for 2 days.

catch

Reaction score
about 9 weeks it was hard going , tryed alkinds came good in the end though/forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif

W

Wolfman Woody

I did best part of a season once trying for a barbel. Twenty seven trips in all and not a nibble, not even from another fish never mind a barbel.

That's when I earned the nickname "WOODY BLANKER", or at least that what I thought I heard it was. They used to shout out "Here comes that Woody Blanker again."

The Monk

Reaction score
I think a full winter from november to end of march,I only left the bank on Christmas day for a few hours to see the wife and child, as a married man I take my responserbilities seriously of course

E

EC

<blockquote class=quoteheader>The Monk, wrote (see)</blockquote><blockquote class=quote>I think a full winter from november to end of march,I only left the bank on Christmas day for a few hours to see the wife and child, as a married man I take my responserbilities seriously of course</blockquote>
Always knew you were a big softie at heart Nick. Fancy letting the familytake advantage like that!

The Monk

Reaction score
yeah I know mate, even as a time bandit, I`d always visit the family at Christmas

steveo

Reaction score
2 years blanking on a particularly large,weedy,bream filled Cotswold pit with a few lovely Carp.

I made Carp fishing look impossible on this water.

It is the only water that has ever broke me.

After a million Bream I eventually hooked a sizeable Carp and some time during the fight my hooklink decided to break(this hooklink has never snapped before or since).

I decided there and then that life is too short.

I bade the water my repects and gracefully admitted defeat.

Who knows tho,maybee one day.

R

Roto Fryer

<blockquote class=quoteheader>Ian Gemson wrote (see)</blockquote><blockquote class=quote>Are you sure you are carp fishing and not camping ?. Its an easy mistake to make !.</blockquote>you have made a bold statement there Ian! if you blank you are in trouble/forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif