PB Chub

Neil Maidment

Reaction score
<blockquote class=quoteheader>Jonny wrote (see)</blockquote><blockquote class=quote>

Caught yesterday?</blockquote>

Yes, middle of the afternoon, two casts, two chub, two pbs! 6lbs 10oz and 7lbs 02oz /forum/smilies/big_smile_smiley.gif

(can't possibly tell you which swim tho! /forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif)

Supposedly after barbel but they had other things on their minds....see other thread:

Spawning Barbel Video

njb51

Reaction score
I rode across that bridge on sunday!

There were two anglers fishing opposite sides to each other. Not sure if they caught anything but the water was gin clear!

It was pretty busy further downstream too, especially after a certain corner!

Claudia Crowther

Reaction score
I'm soooo jealous now...what a clonker, well done Neil /forum/smilies/big_smile_smiley.gif

F

Fred Bonney

I'm on my way down!!/forum/smilies/surprised_smiley.gif/forum/smilies/crying_smiley.gif

Great fish Neil

Just wondering how Jonny rode across that bridge!!!!/forum/smilies/i_dont_know_smiley.gif

Neil Maidment

Reaction score
<blockquote class=quoteheader>Fred Bonney(ACA/BS/BTO) wrote (see)</blockquote><blockquote class=quote>

Just wondering how Jonny rode across that bridge!!!!/forum/smilies/i_dont_know_smiley.gif</blockquote>
There was a confrontation on the weir/bridge yesterday as two cyclists met midway, neither would give way and ended up having a slanging match. Other distractions included the local running club out for their early evening jaunt, I was enjoying the passing, veryfit young ladies and nearly lost the rod as another chub charged off with the pellets! Such are the hazards of public footpaths in summer!/forum/smilies/big_smile_smiley.gif

F

Fred Bonney

No steps then?

Right, know the swim, know the bait, what else can we glean from Neil?

You know of course Neil ,you've had that swim for the last time this season/forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif

Neil Maidment

Reaction score
<blockquote class=quoteheader>Fred Bonney(ACA/BS/BTO) wrote (see)</blockquote><blockquote class=quote>

No steps then?

Right, know the swim, know the bait, what else can we glean from Neil?

You know of course Neil ,you've had that swim for the last time this season/forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif</blockquote>

They were queing very early Sunday 15th for that swim (opening for one day only at midnight). Three youngsters fished it (somewhat crowded) and all had pb chub!

Yesterday, I again was fortunate to sit on a veritable shedfull of chub willing to feed, but the conditions were very "odd". The levels dropped by at least 18 inches, probably more and the flow off the weir changed dramatically. No rain, tides, etc, probably just some work on an upstream weir or sluice but those conditions really turned the chub on!/forum/smilies/big_smile_smiley.gif

Mark Hewitt

Reaction score
Well done Neil!

I've never been a 'fish chaser' (not saying you are), but the avon and the stour are along, longway from me. The few visits I've made over last year or so have got me hooked - they really are magical venues, even though they can be very difficult. This makes any fish a notable achievement.

Your results are exeptional, again well done!

Neil Maidment

Reaction score
Thanks Mark, any time you fancy making the trip let me know.

It was a spur of the momentsession (150 miles round trip!!) and I ended up in the right place at the right time.

Soon be more of a choice (and decisions to make) as more of the Avon opens up on 1st July and then even more in August!/forum/smilies/big_smile_smiley.gif