First time on any forum, pls. be gentle...

PH

Reaction score
Hi there, for a few years I have periodically visited FM and always enjoyed reading the features and the freshwater forums so I think it’s about time I introduced myself and hope you don’t mind if I start with a bit of background personal info.

My name is Paul, and I almost forgot about coarse fishing over 40 years ago, but here I am and I’m getting quite excited about taking fishing up seriously again. I used to consider myself a budding specimen hunter and my favourite species were carp and pike (well I was young, and in those days big was best).

I don’t know for sure when I first went fishing but it was probably around 1960 and I was probably about 8 years old. But, by the time I was about 17 I’d got sidetracked a bit by that famous trio of Wine, Women & Song (or was it Sex, Drugs & Rock n Roll), maybe a bit of both, things were a bit hazy then.

Anyway, in 1972 I went abroad for a holiday, and that was the end of everything I’d done and the start of a new chapter in my life as I was fortunate enough to get job that lasted for nearly 2 ½ years. I had so much fun I decided that I wanted to keep working overseas as long as possible. I’m still overseas, still enjoying it but, as happens, I met the love of my life (well I thought so at the time) and had a couple of kids. My son graduated last year and is happily stacking shelves in a supermarket and my daughter has almost finished her degree in nursing, and I’m looking forward to retirement in a year or so. I can’t tell you how excited I am about the prospect of getting back into fishing and the thought of being able to devote as much time as I like to it is all I seem to think about these days.
On a final note, I’m looking forward to joining in some of the discussions on the FM forums and would ask you all to be warned that I can be quite flippant and ask that you do not take me too seriously, or literally, sometimes.

Best regards to you all,

Paul Hadley

aebitim

Reaction score
Welcome, and dont worry too much about acid comments

mark brailsford 2

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Welcome Paul,
Don't worry a put upsetting anyone, most folk on here have a sense if humour!

Enjoy!