New to Stourport & Coarse Fishing

jacko1967

Reaction score
Hello

I'm looking for some help and advise. My wife has made us move to Stourport from the North, and since the two main interests in my life were sea fishing and still water fly fishing I have found myself in somewhat of a desert. I'm slowly finding a couple of still waters to fish but they seem to be few and far between. So I've decided I'm going to have to give coarse fishing a go. Apart from some very limited pike fishing I have zero coarse fishing experience and so I'm looking for some suggestions / help about an easy location near Stourport and direction to some basic info about how to fish it.

Any help gratefully received

cheers

Jack

dorsetandchub

Reaction score
Sorry, mate - can't help very much. I don't fly fish or sea fish and a pair of Rockport shoes are the nearest I've got to Stourport but welcome to the forum.

Have a ball :)

jacko1967

Reaction score
Thanks for the welcome, Stourport seems ok, Birminghams weekend resort.

bennygesserit

Reaction score
I used to go the odd weekend when we were kids , so you are not planning on giving the river a go then ? If you are looking for a commercial carp water what about Furnace Mill you can fly fish for carp there ?

itsfishingnotcatching

Reaction score
Welcome to FishingMagic Jack

I'm pretty local and can give you a heads up on some local coarse pools so as Barisaxman said, pm me. Don't try travelling too far on Bank Holidays if the sun's shining the traffic around Stourport can be horrendous.

Ian

jacko1967

Reaction score
thank you all, I'll be sending a couple of pm's this evening

cheers

barry h

Reaction score
hi i live in the stourbridge area and have fished this area for more years than i care torember and its far from a desert there is all manner of still waters offering all sorts of fishing you may even find a local sea fishing club there were several in my area afew years ago but sea fishings not my thing so didnt persue it as for fly fishing there is apool at hurst farm at morville and another one further on near craven arms also the river teme isnt to far from you plus several syndicates hope this helps p.s 4 hour traffic jam in stourport on the last bank holiday

jacko1967

Reaction score
thanks all, my wife was here a few weeks go and got stuck for an hour getting into Stourport and that was just a sunny saturday.

I've lost my coarse fishing virginity today, I bought a 3m whip and had a play at Shatterford. I'm sure it was the easiest days fishing I'm ever likely to see. I didn't count but I must have had 30 - 40 small carp in 2 hours. The guy who owns the place told me which peg to fish and he was right (as well as being very helpful to a newbie).

I will have to try something a little more challenging next weekend.

I have also fishied Ellerdine a couple of times since getting here and must say I like it. Friendly staff, comfortable ponds and plenty of fish without them climbing up your rod.

Once again thanks for all the help and encouragement

cheers

Jack

neal webb

Reaction score
Greetings Jack. Not my area I'm afraid but I'm sure others will be able to assist.
Tight lines.

asrasaid

Reaction score
Hello Guys & gals, I'm Asra from Dubai.. and you won't believe but i work in sea.. cheers!

jacko1967

Reaction score
hi - just on my way to Dubai for a few days, is there any fishing there that can be arranged at short notice?

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using Tapatalk 2