Eric Hodson

• Thread starter Ron 'The Hat' Clay (ACA)
  • Start date
R

Ron 'The Hat' Clay (ACA)

During the last few minutes I have heard from Irene, Erics wife that he is deteriorating rapidly and at the moment is in Kalow Hospital - Chesterfield.

I am in close contact with Irene who will tell me of any further developments in Eric's condition.

AndI will pass this info alongvia this thread.

The Monk

Reaction score
what a sad time, I`ve been dreading this post, my heart is with my old mate and Irene and his family, it seems like only yesterday we were out in France fishing together, Eric picked me up in Manchester and drove all the way, an amazing guy and a great privillage to know him and fished with him, Erichas been one of my closest friends in angling for many years and we have attended many meetings togthers, I have been very privillaged indeed.

Nicola Carr

Reaction score
Eric (my Grandad) passed away in the afternoon on the 11th July 2008.

He will be greatly missed by all of his family and no doubt his friends.

The service will be held at Brimington, Chesterfield, Crematiorium at 1:30pm on the 21st July.A gathering to celebrate Erics life will be held after at the Lockoford Inn, Lockoford Lane, Tapton, Chesterfield, Derbyshire S41 0TQ, Tel: 01246275844.

Donald Bain

Reaction score
Eric Hodson is one of those unsung heroes of angling, working away in the background, never seeking the spotlight of fame.

His work was an inspiration to me and many others of my generation who began fishing in the sixties when Eric was sowing the seeds for the Angling that we all enjoy today.

In a fair world he would have been awarded an OBE for his services to Angling!

A sad loss to us all and my thoughts are with his family.

Don

The Monk

Reaction score
I`ll be travelling from Manchester monday morning with seats spare in the car if anyone wants picking up for the funeral

R

Ron 'The Hat' Clay (ACA)

Mate,

Come over to my place first,

I have the details of how to get there, and we can pick up Derek on the way. We will have a good natter I am sure.