Fishing knots

bullmoose_jackson

Reaction score
The grinner knot and the figure of eight loop knot covers 99% of my needs.

The palomar and the spade-end knot get some use, as does the sliding stop knot.

geoffmaynard

Content Editor
Reaction score
Grinners mainly with braid and mono but tucked bloodknots with fluro. Also been using the Rapala knot (aka mirrorlure knot) with lures and heavy flys as it supplies a useful loop to aid the action.

stillwater blue

Reaction score
Spade end knot, figure of 8 and what JW called the 'mahseer knot' or a trilene knot cover around 90% of all my knots.

I occasionally use a knotless knot, 5 turn grinner, sliding stop knot and an albright knot.

Titus

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Granny knot, I like to have a built in weakness in my rigs.

Ok, 4 turn grinner, figure of 8 and Knotless cover 90% of my fishing. I cant remember the last time I tied a spade end, certainly not since I left my 40s behind and I'm hurtling towards 60 with no brakes now.

jacksharp

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Tucked half-blood for tying on flies and hooks or a half-grinner, Domhoff Knot (spade end knot), full grinner, Perfection Loop and that's about it. Oh, and the lassoo knot for tying hollow or hydro elastic to the Stonfo connector.

nicky

Reaction score
allbright, tucked half blood, 4 turn water knot, grinner knot, knotless knot, spade end with hook tyer, overhand loop, palomer, stop knot

C

chefster

Double overhand ,and i dont know the name of the others,i was just shown them and they work!!

guest61

Reaction score
Tucked blood knot, perfection loop, Grinner, Spade end knot (Domhoff), water knot (3 and 4 turn), sliding stop knot - if its really windy I like the thrill of a Bimini twist..

ravey

Reaction score
Spade end knot (snell), a 'version' of the figure of eight, loop to loop, palomar, grinner/uni.

Overhand loop, half blood, water knot, sliding stop knot.

laguna

Reaction score
Tucked half blood for hooks and swivels and...

a blobbed hair that replaces the now redundant double overhand knot (aka a Surgeon's loop) ;)

guest61

Reaction score
Just goes to show that for all the fancy knots shown in fushing books most of the time we all use the same few knots

Yes, but I'm always on the lookout to improve or review which knots I use, not so long back I used a Seaguar knot for attaching hooklengths which worked fine, I now use a multi turn water knot - it might change again.

Last edited: