north yorkshire barbel anglers

cocker

Reaction score
hello all

ive just rejoined this forum, after not being on here for the last 12 years,
i wondered if there were any other north yorkshire barbel anglers on here,? i live just outside thirsk and like to fish the, swale, ouse, ure, nidd, and warf.
on club waters and some day ticket stretches too.
thanks

cocker

Last edited:

jimlad

Reaction score
Hi cocker,

I'm a Swale and tees man so not too far off, sort of half Yorkshire.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dalesman

Reaction score
hello all

ive just rejoined this forum, after not being on here for the last 12 years,
i wondered if there were any other north yorkshire barbel anglers on here,? i live just outside thirsk and like to fish the, swale, ouse, ure, nidd, and warf.
on club waters and some day ticket stretches too.
thanks

cocker

Welcome to the madhouse, just up the road from you.

sam vimes

Reaction score
I'm not a million miles from you, but my barbel angling is on hold for the moment, if and when I get myself a job that might change. Until then I've got to get the most out of the outlay on a local water. The fact that it's only two miles from my doorstep helps immensely.

cocker

Reaction score
thanks for the warm welcome everyone,

fishing magic was the first forum i joined, when i bought my first "pc" back in the year 2000 on windows millennium edition :eek:wow how times fly,
shortly after joining fishing magic back in 2000, i met up with some other lads off here, and had my first trip to france, in pursuit of big carp, and since the year 2000 i have been regularly carp fishing 75% and barbel fishing about 25%,
i used to enjoy carp fishing, and have been on some really nice lakes in the past, and often you can find you had a lake to yourself during the week,
but for me now all that has changed, i cant be doing with the modern carp scene anymore,
so for the foreseeable future it is going to be barbel fishing on rivers only for me, i have rejoined bradford no1 club, as i am near some good stretches of river here, i live at thirsk and work near borobridge, so hopefully everything all drop in place, regarding work and fishing time. as the rivers are in between home and workplace for me.
my pb barbel was from the swale and was 12lbs 08ozs, and although i will have plenty of time to fish local, i might try for a big un on the trent or even futher afield,
which brings me to the point of my post, if anyone fancies a session on one of the big rivers for barbel, give me a shout,

not long till the rivers will be open again, and ime raring to go.
ime glad to back on here and hopefully can make some readable contributions to the forum,

tight lines everyone,

cocker